Acer One 10 (S1002-145A) won't turn on

coreylpesq
coreylpesq Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

My Acer One 10 will not turn on whether plugged or unplugged.  When I plug it up the light comes on blue, but it still doesn't turn on.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

first of all check if it's turned OFF, then plug the AC charger and then press power button + Volume UP for about 40 seconds, normally this will force to boot to BIOS, if it boot to BIOS, exit and it will boot to windows.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Subhas
    Subhas Member Posts: 1 New User

Thanks! Your solution was simple and a life saver!

• tf
    tf Member Posts: 6 New User

I was able to start my system by holding down the volume key and the power switch - but it seems I have to do this everytime.  Isn't there some kind of fix.  I have had the system for almost a year, and this just started happening.  Since the system does eventually start up, it can't be a hardware issue, right?

• IronFly
    Check if any BIOS update is available.
  • tf

I updated the BIOS as you suggested.  I still wasn't able to power up the system just using the power button.  However, it did come up much faster when pushing both the volume control and power button.  So, I would say that you did help me out, thank you.

• IronFly

You welcome

• tf

I have no idea how to 'accept as solution'.

• IronFly

Only the original poster can do it.

• Sstar
    Sstar Member Posts: 1 New User

My tablet won't boot.  Unlike the previous user, I can't get my One 10 to turn on at all.  I've done power on with volume up, power on with volume down - both solutions found online.  If I can't get it to go on at all, do you still think I need to update the BIOS, or is that fix only for tablets that you can reboot and have the tablet start?

And...How do I update the BIOS when I can't turn the tablet on?

Thank you.

• tf

Every once in a while, mine does the same thing.  I hold the volume up button and the power on/off button down for a count of 20, then release both.  Then I press the power on button for a count of 3, and it powers on.  After doing this some number of times, my Acer One 10 begins working properly.  Since this has happened to me several times, I believe it is caused by an improper shutdown when something is waiting for something.  Sorry I can't be more specific, but I noticed if I shut down properly, I don't have the issue.  Good luck.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer

In your case you don't need to do the volume, just press and hold the power button for 30 seconds or so, release it and wait a couple more seconds and power on normally. The long press on the power button forces a full power off, which overrides the sleep mode it's stuck in.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Trewin
    Trewin Member Posts: 1 New User
    Every time I press continue it doesn’t work can someone tell me why
  • OK3
    OK3 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I also did the volume and power thing but after I've reached bois I can't continue or anything. Please help I need to get it working as soon as possible. 
  • OK3
    OK3 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Trewin said:
    Every time I press continue it doesn’t work can someone tell me why
    Did you figure it out? 
  • billsey
    I believe when you are in recovery mode you can cycle through the menu using the volume buttons and select with the power button.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kesangdorjee
    kesangdorjee Member Posts: 2 New User
    What do i do my acer one 10 notebook tablet not logged in or while hit shut down button not pop up shutdown,restrat and other option
  • kesangdorjee
    kesangdorjee Member Posts: 2 New User
    Give me solution
  • billsey
    Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds or so. Release the power and wait a bit, then power on normally. It should come up to your normal Windows logon prompt.