Acer Iconia W700 Parition (PLEASE HELP)

Azthioth
Azthioth Member Posts: 12 New User

At a breaking point here. I installed 8.1, tablet became useless. Reinstalled windows, everything was fine until I realized that it/me installed a 20g recovery parition on a 64g hdd. I have 6g of space on my tablet that allows me to use it for nothing but regular tablet items which is pointless to me. I bought it as another small laptop.

Why do I need a 20g recovery drive if I cannot recover from it?

How can I get rid of it?

Do I need to reinstall windows...again?

Please help. I have posted before and I just get ignored.

Best Answer

• Azthioth
    Answer ✓

Ok fixed it. Apparently the drive was a phantom drive that was taking physical space and had no purpose. I Used disk part to forefully delete and then disk management to extend the primary drive.

Thanks for all the help.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Azthioth,

You should be able to delete the recovery partition.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

I create two:

System recove:ry drive (on mine about 5 GB so need 8 GB min flash). This is bootable

System image backup (same size or larger than drive usu 32 or 64 g). This can be saved on an external hard drive or flash.

Recovery is formatted FAT32 and Image cannot be FAT32 so cannot be on the same drive.

• Azthioth

But can it be done easily without reinstalling windows?

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Sure, once you create the backup restoration drive just click on "remove recovery partition", it's automagic.

• Azthioth

Hate to ask something else, but do you happen to have a step-y-step guide on how to do all this. Acer tabletsd have proven to get the better of me over and over. Thanks.

• Azthioth

I created a recivery USB but it gave me no options as to the size and once complete, it simply said finish with no option to delete the partition. Did I do it wrong?

• Azthioth
    Answer ✓

Ok fixed it. Apparently the drive was a phantom drive that was taking physical space and had no purpose. I Used disk part to forefully delete and then disk management to extend the primary drive.

Thanks for all the help.