Acer Iconia W700 Bluetooth cutting out

paullong
paullong Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi

I've scoured the web and this forum and can't find a solution so forgive me if there is already a post elsewhere.

I use the Bluetooth keyboard from Acer and also a Bluetooth mouse from a different supplier.  After about 15-20 minutes, if I haven't used the keyboard or mouse, the Bluetooth on the tablet 'dies'.  I cannot get the mouse or keyboard to work at all.  My only solution is to put the tablet to sleep and wake it up again.  This isn't much good when I'm running seminars.  Typically, I'll be using a remote pointer via USB and will have not used the keyboard or mouse - then go to use it and hey presto they've stopped working.  I also have a separate Bluetooth keyboard that I use so I don't have to be next to the tablet and that does the same.

This is consistent and persistent.  I've upgraded all BT / Atheros drivers etc.

Is anybody else experiencing this particular problem?  I'd rather not send my tablet back for repair or replacement because I'm using it all the time at this time of year and it's also set up exactly the way I want it so I don't want to have to reinstall everything.

Thanks, Paul

Answers

• Inspiration101
    Inspiration101 Member Posts: 185 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

I don't suppose an option in advanced power management is turning the bluetooth device off ? A longshot but thought I would suggest it.

• Paxton
    Paxton Member Posts: 4 New User

I had the same problem and fixed it by going into the power settings > Edit Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework Settings > Low Power Mode Setting and changing the two settings in there both to disabled.

Hope this works!

• paullong
    paullong Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi

I've just checked those settings and they are both already disabled :-(  I must have changed them a few weeks ago when I was looking at a variety of posts.  I've also disabled sleep mode, although it doesn't mattery whether the tablet is plugged in or running on battery.

Interestingly, it hasn't done it to me while the tablet has been sat idle for the past hour or so.

Thanks for the idea.

Cheers, Paul

This discussion has been closed.