Acer Iconia W3 810 recovery disk won't load-need help

ch1205
ch1205 Member Posts: 6 New User

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi...

You need to go to BIOS page, the set supervisor password, then disable secure boot to boot from recovery disc.

Use the following steps to boot the recovery media on the Iconia W3-810.

1. Make the following connections to the tablet:
    - Connect a microUSB to female USB adapter to tablet.
    - Connect a USB hub to the female end of USB adapter.
    - Connect a USB DVD drive and a USB keyboard to the hub.
    2. Insert the System Disc into the USB DVD drive.
    3. Power off the tablet by holding the power button for 5 seconds.
    4. Hold the volume-down key and press the power button to turn on the tablet and enter the BIOS.
    5. Go into the Security page and set a Supervisor Password.
    6. Go to the Boot page and disable Secure Boot.
    7. On the Boot page, make USB CDROM the first boot device.
    8. Go to the Exit page and select Exit Saving Changes.
    9. The tablet will reboot to the System Disc.
    10. Follow the on-screen instructions to recover the system.
  • ch1205

Thanks, I will try this.

• ch1205

I did not have a keyboard before this happened. Now I cannot get it to pair with the tablet because I can't reach the settings. I also need a usb hub I assume. I will get that as soon as I know how to get the keyboard to pair with the tablet since I can't get to the settings on Windows 8.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

If connecting a rotating device to a W3 I strongly suggest you buy a powered hub like the Gearhead UH7250. I overloaded my W3 USB once and it was not pretty. A DVD drive may spin up and try to connect but the data transfer may not be reliable.

• ch1205

Thanks I have ordered one and waiting to get it and continue trying to figure out this problem.

• ch1205

I was able to get the recover disk to load and restore but now it says Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter. I cannot connect to the internet through my wireless connection - what do I do now?

• nurdco
    nurdco Member Posts: 3 New User

Cd-dvd will Restore Win8 x86
    BUT it does not LOAD the WiFi driver ALL... OMITTED???

THEREFORE can't log into ANY WiFi access point to Register or Windows Update...
    [edited for privacy]

• nurdco
    nurdco Member Posts: 3 New User
    I will attempt to USB via RJ-45 to get updated drivers and get Win8 Windows updates

Also registrating the Win8 os...
  • mahabibi
    mahabibi Member Posts: 1 New User

hi.. 

i did what you said but when the tablet reboot it didnt boot from cd and go right to the wndows?

what i should do now?????

• cachmon
    cachmon Member Posts: 1 New User

You have to change the boot order in BIOS. There is a youtube video showing how to access to the BIOS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcqSllY_EA4

• sondauta
    sondauta Member Posts: 2 New User

i don't have this acer recovery disc .... Where it is possible to get it?

• Leonid
    Leonid Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter

Do a chat with acer support. For North America you can use

http://store.acer.com/store/acerna/en_CA/html/pbPage.eRecovery/ThemeID.30483300/Currency.CAD 

• bubumare
    bubumare Member Posts: 3 New User
    Heloo! I have erased all partitions of my ssd of iconia w3-810.in order to install fresh windows.but now i understand for restoring partitions an windows i nedd the recovery disc acer. If someone cand provide a copy of this recovery disc it will be much apreciate!
  • Leonid
    Leonid Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter

Hello bubumare, I am sorry that your tablet is not working.

I guess you thought you could reformat the drive like you have in past computers. The truth is the last three years has brought a change to how drives can be formatted. This tablet has a proprietary format. That is to say Acer is the only one that can properly reformat it. You could have reformated the windows partition by itself.

But since you removed the other partitions, it will need to be reformated by Acer Support as Gher09 found out. The recovery disk only recovers the Windows partition. I maybe wrong, but I don't think so.

The main issue is that this is a first generation 8" windows tablet. It is very customized just to get it to market. If you get it back working, it can be used in a lot of different applications as it comes from Acer. No competing tablet has as many options (hardware) as this one does. The only thing it lacks is the GPS and that can be added on by USB.

This discussion has been closed.