Acer Iconia Tab 8 W1-810 won't turn on

JD27
JD27 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hey guys hoping for some help. Went to get the tablet out and it won't turn on. I have held the power button and also the volume up button and also tried to eeset it via pinhole. And still nothing. When i plug it in to wall or computer to charge it doesn't even register that it is charging.

What else can I do?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Could be a bad charger, could be problems with the charging port. Inspect the port closely and try another charger if you can't see anything wrong.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • moga
    moga Member Posts: 2 New User

I've upgraded my bios to version 1.1 and my tablet was bricked and wont turn on again  , how can i reinstall bios ? please help . my tablet is acer iconia w1 810 with windows 8 installed

• billsey

You should probably have put this question in its own thread, since it's not really related to the battery problems the first user was asking about.

Having said that if it won't boot to the BIOS or Recovery, you're pretty much out of luck without sending it in, and it's an old enough tablet that you are likely out of warranty. You could pull it apart to remove the battery then press and hold the power button for a while to make sure all the capacitors are fully drained, then reassemble and try again to turn it on. That might get you back alive if the BIOS itself isn't too corrupted, but it's a stretch.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • moga
    moga Member Posts: 2 New User
  • billsey

We need more info. Is the tablet fully charged? Does the screen light up at all? Is there a faint indication of something on the screen? Can you boot into recovery mode?

• hattersman
    hattersman Member Posts: 1 New User
    have an acer iconia tab 8 w screen seems to be frozen on opening screen battery fully charged wont let me turn off or go further in .have tried the pinhole reset still nothing