Acer Aspire Z1 621 Complaint

Parchbold
Parchbold Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I am extremely disappointed with the Acer product that I purchased and the response that I received when I reported a fault. I purchased an Acer Z1-621 and over the following months I would estimate that I used it once or twice a week for basic browsing, managing my iTunes account and storing some images. Approximately 3 weeks after the 1 yr warranty expired the PC stopped working altogether. I spoke to Acer who simply stated that the warranty was out of date and advised me to contact the retailer which was Currys. They charged me £60 to tell me the motherboard was faulty and quoted £260 for a repair! Eventually they agreed to replace for free and on receiving the PC back it still does not work! I am so disappointed with Acers initial response seeing as I paid over £500 for the product and hardly got any use out of it. I feel let down by Currys but ultimately I feel that Acer have not delivered. I may be naïve but I would expect a PC to work for at least 3 years. 

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

I have luggables from 1983 that still work, they just cannot do much. Have had both new and refurbished Acers and have replaced a few batteries but only realy problem was an inexpensive Android tab that died after about a year past warrenty.

Sounds like the problem is "Currys" (store somewhere in the UK ?) since they worked on it and should have worked when returned or they should not have returned it.