Acer Aspire ONE 10 S1002 - Wifi hardware disappears

2»

Answers

• jmsantos
    jmsantos Member Posts: 58 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

No idea, though that also happened to me the first time. I tried a second time and then i could save, rebooted and it worked

• AMannibal
    AMannibal Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

I used to do the "troubleshoot problems" when I encountered this, though it hasn't happened to me in a few months. Anyway, it seems they have just released new drivers that should fix this issue:https://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41574

• jmsantos
    jmsantos Member Posts: 58 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Thanks a lot! Already downloaded - hopefully it wont happen again.

cheers

• abouffard
    abouffard Member Posts: 5 New User

Tried downloading that driver, installed it, restarted.  No change.  No wireless devices detected.

• munchmj
    munchmj Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same issues with my Acer One 10 S1003. Even after installing the latest version of Windows 10 (1709) and the latest version of the Broadcom 802.11n Wireless SDIO Adapter (1.596.19.2) the issues still occurred. After I changed the avanced setting of the Broadcom Adapter "Minimum Power Consumption" to "Disabled" it looks like my wireless network is stable: No disabled adapter or missing wireless networks anymore when coming back from hibernation mode.
  • miamijoseph
    miamijoseph Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hold Power button while logged in to windows wait for it to go blank and power off 10-15 sec. Then let go and turn power back on. ....FIXED......until next time same problem on Lenovo  Laptops. it gets frozen. or lost..