Switch Alpha 12 Keyboard Stylus Holder

mromolino
mromolino Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

That little fabric stylus holder loop on the left side of the keyboard came off the other day when I was removing the stylus.  Not a big deal but as this thing is only 2 months old it's a little irritating.  The fun part came when I called Acer warranty support. Took her a good 10 mintues to find the thing I was talking about.  Like she couldn't even fathom what it was and couldn't find a picture of it even though it appears in every pircture that has the keyboard in it. My only option was to send the whole thing in and have them dertermine whether it fell off from physical abuse.  So, yea, pass on the sending it in thing.  I'll just fix it myself.

Answers

• iSean97
    iSean97 Member Posts: 6 New User

Apparently Acer wants you to spend money on another keyboard. 

I also realized the Tip for the Stylus doesn't have a replacement also...

Truly disappointed. 

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• RandyV
    RandyV Member Posts: 39 Die Hard WiFi Icon

I bought the pen and used the holder for a couple of weeks when I noticed the holder was starting to crack/tear where the holder meets the keyboard cover.  A review I read online of the Alpha claimed their pen holder failed within a few days -- so whatever that thing is made of it is not up to the task.  I just stopped using it before it broke off and just carry the pen with me or keep it in my bag.   Not idea, but not the end of hte world. 

Very odd there are no tip replacments available.