Iconia w500 reset stuck at "Create an account for this PC" during windows install-only mouse works

kim49
kim49 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have the Acer Iconia W500 that we upgraded to Windows 10.  Due to unsupported driver updates I decided to reset the tablet.  I reset through the system without disks, and during the Windows install the computer is stuck at "Create an accout for this PC" because only the USB mouse works.  I found out that the touchscreen and keyboard are inoperable during this process so I hooked up a USB mouse that works fine.  But the install is requiring I type in a user name, and it will not let me skip this step.  Without the keyboard or touchscreen I am unable to enter a user name in the field.  Thank you for any suggestions.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Plug a keyboard in instead of the mouse, you can tab between fields so can live without the mouse. If you don't have a USB keyboard handy, check the local thrift stores. They are typically very cheap there...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Plug a keyboard in instead of the mouse, you can tab between fields so can live without the mouse. If you don't have a USB keyboard handy, check the local thrift stores. They are typically very cheap there...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kim49
    kim49 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the suggestion.  It made me go, "duh." LOL.  Appreciate it.