I have an Acer One 10 and it won't turn on. Have only used it four months. Any suggestions

forstersprevost
forstersprevost Member Posts: 1 New User

My Acer One 10 will not turn on . It tries to boot up and says "trying to do automatic repair then goes black. Any suggestions. Only 4 months old

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

It is understood that your Acer One computer is going in automatic repair loop and then goes black and wont turn ON.
    - If the computer fails to boot, try performing safe mode and perform clean boot.
    - Try to boot into ‘Safe Mode with Networking’.
    - Press and hold the ‘Shift’ key while clicking on 'Restart’ at the login Screen (Bottom right corner).
    - Select ‘Troubleshoot’ and click on 'Advanced Options’.
    - Select 'Startup Settings’ and click on ‘Restart’.
    - After restarting, choose 'Enable Safe’ mode with networking.

If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode, then perform a Clean Boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Hope this will help you.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

forstersprevost wrote:

My Acer One 10 will not turn on . It tries to boot up and says "trying to do automatic repair then goes black. Any suggestions. Only 4 months old

I'm a bit more concerned by the screen going black than by the automatic repair attempt. Normally if the automatic repair fails it will give you some options before shutting down. Does the black screen happen when the tablet is plugged in as well as when it's on battery? Is there any indication that it might still be running, just without the display working?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.