Brand new acer iconia w3-810 is not turning on..!! :-(

abhra0897
abhra0897 Member Posts: 7 New User
Hallo every body, I am encountering a big problem. Today (before 4 hours) I hav got my iconia w3-810 from an online shop "flipkart.com".. When I unboxed the tab and tried to turn on it, I failed. I connected it with charger and could not see any indicator light. Pressing power button results nothing.
Also tried to reset it with the reset button next to micro sd slot, but no good. I am really sad now and almost gave up. Please help me as soon as possible... :-( :-( .. The situation is so sad that I would cry if I were a girl.. All my joy and hope are gone within a minute.
Waiting for your help. :-(

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

try to long press Volume Down + Power button

check if it boots to BIOS, if so, exit from BIOS and let it boots normally.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • abhra0897
    Ok, wait.. I am going to give it a try..
  • abhra0897
    No.. Not working.. :-( ;-( .. Anything else please??
  • IronFly

try to wait 1h to check if battery will charge, by the way i can't find any mention of LED charging notification; so it's ok if you don't see anything.

if it still not booting, contact your seller or Acer support service; seems a know issue if the battery went too low on charge (under 2%).

• abhra0897
    Ok.. I am going to charge it again..
  • abhra0897
    Nope.. Not working.. Really helpless I am now.. Is returning only way now? :-( :-( ..
    This is the first time I have bought an acer product, but what an experience..
    :-( :-( ;-(
  • IronFly

Return it to seller or get serviced by Acer support service.

it's a battery issue, nothing so bad but it's annoying on a new product, long storage can kill batteries since they went too low on charge, it happens on every type of product.

don't be sad, it can be fixed really easily. Smiley Very Happy

• abhra0897
    As soon as the "delivered" status will be updated on seller's site, I will return it..
    As a student, dreamed for a month to purchase it and now all is ending up to a faulty product and returning that back.
    Really bad experience and I can't but give a negative review on sellers site.

:-( :-(
  • abhra0897
    And thank you IronFly for atleast trying to help me out.
  • IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Happy

i understand your frustation, it happened to me too when you buy something awaited for a long time.