Bios and Firmware Updates

Canadaloon
Canadaloon Member Posts: 38 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hi,

1. I see that there is an updated bios available for the Switch Alpha One SA5-271; version 1.02, dated 2016/08/03. Has anyone installed it? My machine is working okay with ver. 1.0 so. . . But, I will probably install it, just wondering if anyone had experience with it.
  2. There is also a Keyboard Firmware update Ver. 097 dated 2016/08/10. I presume that I just run the .exe file after unzipping it? Anyone tried that one yet?
  3. There are numerous driver updates for the Switch Alpha One. Does the Acer Care Center’s “Update Tool“ take care of all of them or do you have to load some of them manually?

Sorry for the 3-pronged post but the three parts seem related. Any comments or advice appreciated. Hopefully others are wondering about these issues too.

Cheers,

Canadaloon

Love my Switch Alpha 12!

Best Answer

• turquaz72
    turquaz72 Member Posts: 11 New User
    Answer ✓
    1) you can update BIOS 1.00 to 1.02 safely.
    2) DO NOT TRY TO UPDATE KEYBOARD update. It will failed during update and result in keyboard malfunction.

Answers

• turquaz72
    turquaz72 Member Posts: 11 New User
    Answer ✓
    1) you can update BIOS 1.00 to 1.02 safely.
    2) DO NOT TRY TO UPDATE KEYBOARD update. It will failed during update and result in keyboard malfunction.
  • Canadaloon
    Canadaloon Member Posts: 38 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Thanks for the warning abouyt the keyboard firmware. I will NOT install it! Glad to know that the BIOS update is ok. Thanks again, have a great weekend.

Love my Switch Alpha 12!