Acer Iconia W4-820 Won't Auto rotate After Win10 Upgrade

zoeff50
zoeff50 Member Posts: 20 New User

Already briefly discussed in another Win10 thread, but started a new thread because poblem not yet solved.

Searched this forum already for solutions and tried several suggestions, but up to now with negative effect.

Sensors are working ok; checked with SensorInfo app from Win store; found this tip on a Microsoft web site.

Auto rotate on/ off button in Action Center in System Tray was not visible. Also in display settings the checkbox auto rotate on/ off was not visible. Followed steps in link

http://www.howtogeek.com/129732/how-to-disable-screen-rotation-in-windows-8/

made changes in the registry and Auto rotate button in Action Center and checkbox in display settings were visible again. Still auto rotate not working.

Downloaded W4 driver package from Acer support web site, but not clear to me which driver is related to the auto rotation/ sensor accelleration. Found suggestions to install Kionix accelleration driver, but failed to install. Similar thread found of Iconia Tab 8W and there it was suggested by Acer to use following driver package

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Platform%20Drivers/Platform%20Drivers_Intel_10.18.10.3643_W81x86_A.zip?acerid=635664922342452308&Step1=TABLET&Step2=ICONIATAB8W&Step3=W1-810&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

More drivers here than in W4 driver package, especially Sensor and G-Sensor drivers. Possibly the G-sensor is the one to have, but not sure if I can use this. I do not want mess up my W4 tablet.

My conclusion sofar is that Windows settings w.r.t. auto rotation are now correct, sensor hardware is ok, but there may be a problem with the driver.

It is not a major issue, but I would like to have auto rotation back. I use it mainly for working with Garmin mapping products.

Does anyone have ideas?

Answers

• zoeff50
    zoeff50 Member Posts: 20 New User

Working for some hours to find a solution, but all negative.

Attached is a picture of the map structure of the latest Iconia W4 drivers. Does somebody know which drivers are related to the sensor accelleration/ auto screen orientation. Some (map) nams are self explaining, but others are guesswork. I intend to uninstall the related sensor drivers from the system and next reinstall the new drivers.

W4_Drivers.PNG