Acer Aspire switch 10E Cant Restore from ISO

daninozz
daninozz Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi all,

So as the subject says trying to restore an ISO from an external hard drive. The Image was made using File history and the operating system im currently running is Windows 8.1.

I have gone into bios and enabled boot menu, however this didnt fix the issue im having. in the boot option menu the only option I have to boot is Windows Boot Manager. Its not even recognising my USB Hard drive.

These are the steps I have taken to restore the ISO that I made in File history.

from the dashboard i have clicked on the charms then settings/Change PC settings/Update and Recovery/Recovery/Advanced Setup/Restart Now.

Once the computer has restarted im presented with the choose an option screen clicked on Use a device/EFI USB Device and from there I am presented with the following error message that says System doesnt have any USB option. Please select other boot option in Boot Manager Menu.

This is where the problem is I dont have any other boot options to choose from.

Ive researched online and I believed that the reason I was getting this message was because secure boot was enabled. however i disabled secure boot and the issue still remains.

my latest research suggests I need to change the boot mode. I booted up my tablet and went into bios and tried to change the boot mode but couldnt change it?? the current setting for boot mode is standard.

anyway if anyone can suggest anything useful I could try would be greatly appreciated as I have posted on a couple of forums with this issue but no one seems to be able to help me.

Cheers

Daninozz

Best Answer

• daninozz
    Answer ✓
    Issue has been resolved.

Solution change external usb/hdd to first boot priority.

Shutdown laptop/tablet Plug in usb/hdd.

Power on the laptop

And it will boot straight from the first boot device you have selected in bios, without pressing any keys at startup.

Answers

• hgmartin9
    hgmartin9 Member Posts: 132 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

The ISO must be made bootable at time of creating it. Did you make it bootable?

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

daninozz,

You should backup your important personal files and create a USB factory default recovery drive (recovery media) before you proceed any further. Smiley Happy

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29934/related/1

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • daninozz
    Answer ✓
    Issue has been resolved.

Solution change external usb/hdd to first boot priority.

Shutdown laptop/tablet Plug in usb/hdd.

Power on the laptop

And it will boot straight from the first boot device you have selected in bios, without pressing any keys at startup.