Model Z220

coatedone
coatedone Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I installed an sd card in my phone. How do I get the phone to use it, eg when downloading apps or for photos?

Answers

• unichips
    unichips Member Posts: 33 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

The Z220 is an Android device, this forum is for Windows-based phones.

Anyway, the Z220 will always automatically install all apps and app updates to internal storage by default.

However, some apps will allow you to move them to the SD card after they've been installed. It is important to remember that not all apps allow you to move them to an SD card. It all depends on decisions that the app developer made when they wrote the app in the first place.

To check if your app is capable of being moved to the SD Card, follow these steps:

1) Open the Settings app (from the notification area or the App drawer)

2) Navigate to the Apps categroy

3) Swipe over to the SD Card tab.

4) This lists the apps that are already installed on the SD card.

- NOTE: On phones from other manufacturers, this list would also include apps that are not currently on the SD card but could potentially be moved there. Not so on the Liquid Z220.

5) Swipe over to the Downloaded tab.

6) This lists the apps that are currently installed in internal storage.

7) Tap the app you want to check.

8) Look for a button that says "Move to SD card".

9) If you see that button, and it is not grayed out, then the app can be moved.

Every time you install an update for an app, it will automatically be moved back to internal storage, and you'll need to repeat this procedure.

I'm not sure how to save photos to the SD card by default on the Z220 - I've actually never tried!

If there isn't an easy solution for this using the stock camera app, then you may have luck by downloading an alternative camera app from the Play Store. I've had luck with the Open Camera app in the past on other phones.

• coatedone
    coatedone Member Posts: 2 New User

Many thanks for the response. I will give it a try