Liquid Jade Primo Windows Updates

tjfrombama
tjfrombama Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
My LJP had some kind of Windows Phone update take place a couple of nights ago. My OS version shows to be 10.0.14393.448. Is this an updated version, or what this phone came loaded with from Acer? I'm still getting random reboots and this morning it took at least 3 manual resets before Windows booted. Almost 20 minutes. It was the first time I had manually turned the phone off since the update loaded. Maybe that is normal? Please advise. Thanks.

Answers

• luke_singer
    luke_singer Member Posts: 54 Die Hard WiFi Icon

I have installed the latest build 14393.1066 via Windows Insider - Release preview channel. It's stable like a rock!

The only issue I noticed is this: when the phone reboots for an update, the display could remain completely black for the entire boot sequence, so you have to wait for about 3 minutes and then press the power button 2 times in order to turn the display on (after that you'll see the lock screen)

• BOLDUN
    BOLDUN Member Posts: 1 New User

If you google "windowscentral iutool offline" there are detailed instructions on how to update unsupported phones in Windows 10 using Microsoft's iutool.exe. They are a bit fiddly and require a PC, but I am now running 14393.1715 (September 2017 build) and it seems to work very well indeed (one could also use the method to update to build 10565.1715, and so stay with the original "TH2" branch of Windows 10 supplied on phone). This does **not** involve spoofing the phone's identity (e.g. pretending to be a Lumia 950) or jailbreaking in any way.

One of the huge advantages of Microsoft Windows over Android is that the updates are standardised rather than customised for specific hardware, like on Windows PCs. This makes Acer's input less critical.