Acer liquid jade primo switch to android

YhteaNEJ
YhteaNEJ Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Is it possible to change the operating system from W10 to Android on the Acer liquid jade primo?

Answers

• Sergii_K
    Sergii_K Member Posts: 1 New User

I agree with the question. There is no window phone 10 updates for this smartphone. More and more programs can not be downloaded from the window store . Logically - to set the firmware of the android for this smartphone.

• luke_singer
    luke_singer Member Posts: 54 Die Hard WiFi Icon

To get the latest build of Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update,

download the Windows Insider app from the Store:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/windows-insider/9wzdncrfjbhk

Press on Get Preview Builds -> Insider Slow -> Accept

Check for phone updates

After the upgrade to the build 14393.x, rember to exit from the insider program. 

• YhteaNEJ

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try but it doesn't answer my initial question.....Is there any reason why the Acer Liquid Jade Primo can't be flashed to run on Android?

• Greywolf1967
    Greywolf1967 Member Posts: 46 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

The short answer is, Hardware side there is no reason why Android can't run on the Acer Jade Primo.

The Long answer......it requires dev work on the bootloader and ROM itself. That takes money, and Acer is not going  to dole out any cash ( see term Investment ), to change an O/S on hardware they no longer produce.

As an example some years ago HTC/Microsoft got caught with their patnts down after Cortula and The Dark Forces Team exposed the Lie that Hardware could not update to new software. Windows Mobile 6.5.3 to Windows Phone 7 on the HTC HD2. The main point was the O/S Kernal was so different.

The HD2 went on to run Windows Phone 7, Android Kit Kat and Lolipop, even as proof that it could be done Cortula managed to dump Windows RT onto an HD2.

However all of this took months of Development by non HTC people, and more then a few bricked phones by the development team.

So yes it could be done but who is going to put the work in?? Acer is not going to revisit something they now view as dead hardware. As they would have to charge money to cover the cost and see a profit in doing so.

You could buy a Mid Range Android Phone cheeper than the price Acer would have to charge to deploy a new ROM.

• YhteaNEJ

Thanks Greywolf, that is probably the most detailed and explanitory answer I have read on any forum so thank yo ufor that.

I'll stick with the phone for now but will be looking elsewhere when it comes time to change.