touchscreen not working

dulaneywifey89
dulaneywifey89 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a aspire z1-621 desktop windows 8.1 64 bit and after a windows update the touchscreen has stopped working. I have tried device manager and reinstalling the drivers. I am missing the Ideacom Touch Driver but i cant seem to find it anywhere to download. Any ideas on how to fix the problem? Thank you!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

A user on another forum who had the same problem said that is was an issue with the HID devices that correspond to the touchscreen getting disabled. Here the quote:

SOLUTION that WORKED for ME:

Goto Windows Device Manager (WDM) @ section, "Human Interface Devices" (HID).

Note, you will NOT see anything labeled, "Touchscreen" in the entire HID list.

Right-Click menu for each HID should look like the following list:

"Update Driver Software..."

"Disable"

"Uninstall"

"--------------"

"Scan for hardware changes"

"--------------"

"Properties"

Obviously, if the right-click menu's 2nd item = "Disable" then it's already Enabled

SOLUTION is to ENABLE each HID that 2nd item = "Enable"

ALL OF THIS WOULD'VE BEEN MUCH EASIER IF THE DISABLED HID WAS LABELED, "TOUCHSCREEN"

but sad to say it wasn't... and that's why I had to check each HID if it was enabled or not.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.