sw5-012 update KB3000850 problem

Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi,

This is the last necessary update I need to install on win 8.1 32-bit, it is about 484MB and I just can't seem to update it, tried update troubleshoot tool, emptying my software distribution/download folder, reinstalling win 8.1.

Every time I try, after finishing 100% the system says something went wrong, restoring modifications.

I also have some issues updating to windows 10. I don't have the install win 10 logo on my taskbar, but the windows update app offers it, and every time I complete the install, it reverts to my home sreen saying something went wrong. I have also tried the windows media creation tool, but it didn't work with that one either.

Any ideas?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

have you already tried to download it and install it manually?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=44985

oh, if you have any third party antivirus, uninstall it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Member Posts: 4 New User

Thank for the quick reply. I'll try the install manually.

Btw, I have McAfee preinstalled by deafault, but it's turned off. Do you think it has any effect on the update installation? a

And another question, do you or anybody else know a fix to windows 10 installation problem on m sw5-012? I have tried installing via media tool and also from the update manager, but nevertheless it shows an unkown error after the installation would finish. My windows 8.1 is pretty fresh, just re installed it, and I've downloaded every update except KB3000850. I just can't seem to get the win10 working Smiley Sad

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i would uninstall McAfee even if it's turned off, use this tool to completly uninstall:

http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp

About windows 10, please notice that if a mandatory update is missing (like yours), windows 10 will not install from any source (windows update or media installation tool)

I'm not an Acer employee.