hey , my four month old laptop with windows 8.1 having sound problems, with crackling strange sound

Thabethe
Thabethe Member Posts: 1 New User

hey guys my new acer laptop is giving me problems when it comes to sound, i have tried to go to control panel and doing some seettings but i have failed, there is a crackling and distorted sound, i cannot enjoy my music properly or watch my movies properly, please help anyone, my laptop came with  free windows 10 upgrade but i have not upgraded maybe that is the problem, coz am still using the windows 8.1, guys help me please, or maybe my sound drivers are outdated, i do not know, please help. 

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Windows 10 upgrade is not required to resolve your sound issue. To help you troubleshoot sound issue in windows 8.1 Operating System please follow the instructions given below:
    - Make sure your speakers are correctly connected to your computer.
    - Many computers have three or more jacks that connect to a sound card or sound processor, including a microphone jack, line-in jack, and line-out jack. Your speakers should be plugged in to the line-out jack. If you're not sure which jack this is, try plugging your speakers in to each of the jacks to see if any of them produce sound.
    -In some cases, you can work around the problem by disabling optional speaker effects that are known as enhancements. If disabling speaker effects solves the problem, you might need to update your audio driver. To do that, please follow the steps given below:
    - Press ‘Windows’ key + ‘R’ key on the keyboard.
    - Run box will open up and now type in ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit Enter.
    - Now search for ‘Sound,video and game controllers’ and expand it.
    - Now select sound and right click and select ‘Properties’.
    - Select ‘Driver’ tab and then select ‘Update Driver’.
    - If updated sound drivers is available and installed, restart the system and check if sound is working normally.
    If issue persists, please try uninstalling the sound drivers and reinstall it. To do that, follow the steps below:
    - Press ‘Windows’ key + ‘R’ key on the keyboard.
    - Run box will open up and now type in ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit Enter.
    - Now search for ‘Sound,video and game controllers’ and expand it.
    - Now select sound and right click and select ‘Properties’.
    - Select ‘Driver’ tab and then select ‘Uninstall’.
    - Now restart the computer and let the windows 8.1 automatically find the sound drivers.
    Or you can visit the manufacturers website and download sound drivers.

Hope this will help you.