New problem with Acer laptop

MariusGaius
MariusGaius Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives
thx for helping me to rezolve my intel hd grafics giving me the tip to install windows 8.1 64 bits and now is workin but...the os dosent install Thouchpad . Now i use mouse usb but after i remove the usb mouse the cursour diseapear and i try all solutions fn+f7 i try to disable hide cursor from control panel mouse settings but i think actualy i dont have toujpad driver inatalled. I get the driver from acer website but nothings happend thr cursour apears only when i plug usb mouse. my laptop is acer es1 511 c3kv

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Is the touchpad listed in device manager? If so, try removing it, then restarting your computer to see if Windows will load the correct touchpad driver. If that does not work, please let me know how the touchpad is showing up in device manager, so we can work on other troubleshooting.

• MariusGaius
    MariusGaius Member Posts: 4 New User

No is not listing in device manager. Am a good experience PC user. I try to install some drivers from acer website. Without luck

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

It sounds like you loaded a retail copy of Windows 8.1 64 bit. Is this correct?

The touchpad should work with just the windows plug and play driver. What driver are you downloading and installing for your system?

What error message do you get when you try to run the executable file?

Do you have recovery software you can try to load, to see if it starts working with the OEM operating system? This will tell you if the problem is with the hardware, or the software.