Acer Apire: E1-571-33124G50Mnks Internet terrible after reinstalling?

mcmyst3r
mcmyst3r Member Posts: 22 New User

I have just bought a new hard drive for my laptop and installed windows and all the required drivers. For some reason the internet on the computer is terrible. The internet bar is normally 1-2 bars and continuously goes limited and continuously kicks me from online games. All other devices including my second laptop get a perfect connection to the internet. What could be the problem?

Best Answer

• mcmyst3r
    Answer ✓
    I stuck the aerials up and the connection seems better.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Any chance you loosened one of the antenna wires when swapping the HDs?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mcmyst3r
    Im not sure, how do i check?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Same process as you followed to do the HD. beteen the drive and the memory is where the wireless module sits, IIRC. There should be two wires connected to the module with tiny little right angle connectors. Black wire on the upper connector, white on the lower with the drive to your left and memory to your right.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mcmyst3r
    They look fine but i just relised, as i have no screen it is just connected to my tv i have all the cords haning out i relised the black and white ones are the ones you are talking aboit. Do you think that having them hanging out is breaking the connection? I sat them up high and its not helping. Do they need to be on a certain position or something?
  • mcmyst3r
    Answer ✓
    I stuck the aerials up and the connection seems better.