my laptop name is Acer Aspire 5750G.

I HAVE to preinstall it.

please help me

and i am new here

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,049 Trailblazer

Hello,

If you have always the original HDD, you can restore your laptop using Acer recovery management (factory defaults) from the hidden partition.

France
  • KLETT
    KLETT Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an emachine 1850 That I'm working on for a family member and long story short I got it working again but somehow during updating the boot files have become corrupt so I ordered the recovery discs according to the SNID on the side of the CPU. All discs loaded with no problem, went to reboot to start windows and I got the "missing operating system" screen. I took the hard drive out plugged it in as an external drive to another computer just to make sure it is still readable and it is. Now I'm at a lost as to where I go from here. We already paid $20 for the recovery discs I hate to pay hundreds for a windows 7 disc.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

There are two different installs that can happen with Windows 7, and your machine has to have the BIOS set correctly for each. If the BIOS is in UEFI boot mode the drive has to be formatted GPT, if in BIOS boot mode than it should be formatted for MBR instead. I don't know which is done by the install disks, but it's worth it to try and switch modes in BIOS and see if it then boots correctly.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KLETT
    KLETT Member Posts: 2 New User

Not sure how to do that but let me fill you in on what I have now. I now get the "windows failed to start" screen and tells me to load the installation disc and us the repair your computer option. At the botton of the screen it says "file: \windows\system32\winload.exe" "Status : 0xc000000f" I tried that with using a windows 10 disc I downloaded from Microsoft (with no key, for repair purpose) and no luck. Every repair option comes up with some failure to repair. Can I install windows 10 with a windows 7 key? I tried to download window 7 from Microsoft but they basically said I had a factory key and to contact them for a disc and Acer sent the recovery discs that didn't work either.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

Since you are going to completely wipe everything as part of the recovery process anyway, let's try first deleting all partitions from the disk then redoing the recovery. You can do that from the W10 install disk, diving down into the options to get the command prompt. The command you will use is 'diskpart' and what you will do is 'list disk' to see the disks that are in your computer, 'sel disk #' to select the main disk, 'list part' to get a list of partitions on the disk, then 'del part #' for each partition on the main disk. Once they are all wiped off, go through the same process as before to recover to the factory defaults and see if it'll boot OK then.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.