Windows not genuine?

bfournier
bfournier Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

first time here.   I have an Acer Aspire that was purchased 3 years ago with Windows 7 loaded.   Now, Microsoft thinks I do not have a genuie copy of Window 7 and  gives me annoying messages. I contacted Microsoft and the support person saw that I do have an activated copy of Windows 7.   Still, I get the messages.    I tried restoring to previous copies, and I tried fixing the startup.     My goal is to fix this without wiping all my installed software, pictures, etc. from the computer.    Suggestions?    How bad can it get with Microsoft?     Do I need a CD from Acer?   How would I ask for that?

Thanks a million,    I really need to solve this.

Bill

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Answers

• Hi Bill,

Welcome to Community. The Windows Genuine Check is from MS, but could you please post the Screen shot of your System Properties.
    Get to control panel>System & security> system. Post the screen shot here, as there is no way that the OS could not be genuine, unless the Version is the same the OEM from Acer,. Cheers.
  • kawanbaru
    kawanbaru Member Posts: 1 New User

error

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

Since it showed an error, perhaps some details taken from Belarc Adviser printed out for your own use, then Piriform Speccy and Belarc Adviser will give some information.

A new .iso for W7 is available from here with a genuine key...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7

It may be that your original seller has been removed/blacklisted because they used a wrong key at the time.