AO722 Camera Driver and Webcam shows upside down Issue

Zahr
Zahr Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have AO722-C5Cbb, everything's fine until a few malfunction programs that forced me to reinstall OS and drivers by the help of the shop where I purchased this notebook. I knew nothing about technology at the time, but recently I figured out that my webcam shows upside down, no matter what program I used for webcam. Registry & startup cleanup is useless. They told me that it may something to do with camera driver. Figured that PC has camera driver, the vendor is LiteOn. But neither Acer Support nor other resources have the cam driver for my PC. What should i do?

Answers

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

Cleanup?  CCleaner from Piriform.

Camera upside down, rotate thru 180 degrees, unless it's a laptop camera.

Search - how-to-rotate-the-screen-in-windows

BIOS

Adds some 1.3M camera modules support for INV test. 

Consider whether you hve the latest BIOS or not, and other driver software.

If you are able to ID the camera using msinfo32 or Device Manager then someone may be able to help.  Device USB\VID_05C8&PID_022A&MI_00\7&f5078b0&0&0000 requires further installation.

• Zahr
    Zahr Member Posts: 2 New User

My bad, I meant boot cleanup. Well, for almost 1 month I tried to collect all information needed for my AO722, especially how exactly to install BIOS safely and properly, but those information aren't suitable for AO722. I love new experiences, I try to learn while working on it, but I obviously don't want my AO722 ruined because of my reckless move. Yes, it's built-in webcam, and I checked my camera driver (latest version):

ScreenShot_20170922014536.png

I also figured out my current BIOS version, it's the oldest version I guess.

ScreenShot_20170922014407.png

And I had this file:

ScreenShot_20170922015950.png

You mentioned something about "Device USB\VID_05C8&PID_022A&MI_00\7&f5078b0&0&0000 requires further installation" earlier, you meant this addressed to Device Manager, cmd.exe, or msinfo32?

Any advice/suggestion?

Thank you. 

• knuxfanwin8
    knuxfanwin8 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter

As for the bios, the .zip file with the BIOS should have a readme file in it. Other than that, install the bios with 100% battery and charger plugged in.