recovery disc error

Ram
Ram Member Posts: 2 New User

I downloaded window 10 preview and and i didt knoe that my erecovery mangment will get deleted so i order recovery disc for my Aspire V3571-6447 and when i followed the steps like inserting system disc is it boot on that disc but the i got a mesage that you have use legacy bios for this disc and i turn on the legacy bios by going into bios setting and the i got window logo and then it said you can only use have to uefi boot 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

If you are attempting to perform a recovery and receive a message to switch between UEFI and Legacy modes, it may be a formatting or partitioning issue with the hard drive.

To resolve this issue, remove all partitions from the hard drive prior to using recovery media.  your recovery media should install with no issues.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• Ram
    Ram Member Posts: 2 New User
    Can you please tell me the steps for that and will it delete the whole hard drive
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

Ram,  

I'm not familiar with the Acer recovery media as to whether or not it has tools such as the "command prompt".  Someone on this forum might be able to tell you though.  Otherwise, the steps below should do it:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Software-Solutions-and/Acer-S7-392-Factory-Image/m-p/362689#U362689

Not sure if you need to follow steps 11, 12, or 13.  After step 10 is completed, you can remove the Microsoft USB media and you can try your Acer Recovery Media.  If the Acer recovery media doesn't work, you can re-insert your Microsoft USB media, remove your Acer Recovery media, and proceed with steps 11, 12, 13 and 14.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

Yes, the steps I provided will delete the entire hard drive.

I'm not an Acer employee.