The touchscreen does not function

Nanaasare
Nanaasare Member Posts: 5 New User
After upgrading from win8.1 to win 10, the touchscreen has failed to respond ever since.
Model.: aspire V7-482PG 5642.... TOUCHSCREEN
I cant seem to know why??

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Great! I love it when it works. Smiley Happy

Could you mark the topic as solved? That way others with the same question will be pointed here...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey

Fire up Device Manager and make it's not complaining about any of the driver. The touchscreen looks like a USB device to the computer and it's likely showing an exclamation point.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nanaasare
    Under device manager... i see other devices(with a question mark)
    It is listed as MAP SMS..the driver details when clicked shows no driver files are required or installed..
    Could this MAP SMS the touchscreen?
  • billsey

No, that should be a bluetooth device or maybe the underlying driver for bluetooth support. On the Switch 12 I'm on right now, the touchscreen is under Human Interface Devices and it's underlying USB device is a generic USB. You might try just uninstalling the touchscreen device then reboot and allow the OS to put it back in...

• Nanaasare
    Thanks a lot... the touch is working...
  • billsey
    Answer ✓

Great! I love it when it works. Smiley Happy

Could you mark the topic as solved? That way others with the same question will be pointed here...