Let's Get Social!

Ask our members for help or assist others.
You are all welcome at Acer Community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The touchscreen does not function

SOLVED
Highlighted
Tinkerer

After upgrading from win8.1 to win 10, the touchscreen has failed to respond ever since.
Model.: aspire V7-482PG 5642.... TOUCHSCREEN
I cant seem to know why??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ACE Pathfinder

Re: The touchscreen does not function

Great! I love it when it works. Smiley Happy

Could you mark the topic as solved? That way others with the same question will be pointed here...

If i was helpful, a KUDOS would be appreciated, Mark "Accept as Solution" if your issue was Answered.
5 REPLIES
ACE Pathfinder

Fire up Device Manager and make it's not complaining about any of the driver. The touchscreen looks like a USB device to the computer and it's likely showing an exclamation point.

If i was helpful, a KUDOS would be appreciated, Mark "Accept as Solution" if your issue was Answered.
Tinkerer

Under device manager... i see other devices(with a question mark)
It is listed as MAP SMS..the driver details when clicked shows no driver files are required or installed..
Could this MAP SMS the touchscreen?
ACE Pathfinder

No, that should be a bluetooth device or maybe the underlying driver for bluetooth support. On the Switch 12 I'm on right now, the touchscreen is under Human Interface Devices and it's underlying USB device is a generic USB. You might try just uninstalling the touchscreen device then reboot and allow the OS to put it back in...

Tinkerer

Thanks a lot... the touch is working...
ACE Pathfinder

Great! I love it when it works. Smiley Happy

Could you mark the topic as solved? That way others with the same question will be pointed here...

New Here?

New to Acer Community?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer
Member Highlight

We would like to highlight a user that joined the Community just 3 months ago and in that short amount of time has already authored more than 25 solutions and ranked up to Valued Contributor. Congratulations Flx, keep up the good work!

Total Posts Written: 345
Total Kudos Received: 78
Solutions Accepted: 26

Flx
Valued Contributor Flx

Valued Contributor