Sound quality on Windows 10 Camera application is horrible

robertmeagher
robertmeagher Member Posts: 4 New User

The sound quality on the Windows 10 Camera application is horrible; it sounds like it's underwater, distorted and indistinct. I cannot find audio settings on the Camera itself; I think such features have been omitted in Windows 10 although they used to be there in Windows 7. Can anyone help with this problem...?

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

To help you troubleshoot distorted sound on your Windows 10 computer, please follow the step-by-step instructions mentioned on the link given below:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/distorted-sound-after-installing-windows-10/5cdd0fdd-3e24-4b5d-a0ad-38c218a502de

Hope this will help you.

• robertmeagher

Thank you, GuruAid-CS. I will get back to you with the results of the tests.

• robertmeagher

Thank you, again, GuruAid-CS. Your suggestion does address Windiows 10 sound issues as a whole. However, I don't have any trouble with Windows 10 sound at all. My problem is with the Windows 10 Camera app, specifically. 

Do you have any suggestions?

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Thank you for making it very clear that the internal sound of Windows computer is working fine and the issue is with the camera application. To help you further, it is recommended to check the settings of the camera and the application both and reset it to default settings.

If issue persists, please un-install and re-install the camera application. If issue persists, please un-install the software and drivers of camera. To help you do this, follow the steps given below if you have external camera connected to the computer:
    - Press ‘Windows’ key + ‘R’ key on your keyboard.
    - Type ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the Run box and hit Enter.
    - Now find and select the software and drivers of the camera and uninstall it.
    - Now re-install the software and drivers from disc if it is available or you can go to OEM website to download and install it.

Follow the steps given below if you have inbuilt camera:
    - Press ‘Windows’ key + ‘R’ key on your keyboard.
    - Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the Run box and hit Enter.
    - Find for ‘Imaging device’ and right click it and select Properties.
    - Click on driver tab and select ‘Uninstall’ tab.
    - After completely un-installing the drivers, just restart the computer and let the webcam drivers get installed automatically and then try the sound.

If issue persists, it is recommended to contact ‘Acer Support Center’ for further troubleshooting from the link given below:
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Hope this will help you.

• robertmeagher

Thank you, GuruAid-CS. Stay tuned... :-)