No bluetooth after Win 10 update

Nikomakhos
Nikomakhos Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

After Win 10 update there's no bluetooth at all in Acer computers. How can I get it?

Answers

• kv80zr
    kv80zr Member Posts: 2 New User

I have the same problem and it also said couldn't connect. I contacted windows and they said that I don't have bluetooth when I had it before downloading windows 10.

• Nikomakhos

And the problem is that all Bluetooth drivers in the net seem to need an existing driver to update. But how to update something that don't exist. I also had Bluetooth before Anniversary update. I suppose some Acer people know the solution.

• Nikomakhos

Why anyone don't reply? Don't you want men to be an Acer customer anymore?

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,076 Trailblazer

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your problem, could you please post the model of your laptop, did you upgrade to Win 10 from 7/8/8.1?

In the mean time, try the methods here:https://superuser.com/questions/946581/option-to-turn-bluetooth-on-or-off-is-missing

• Nikomakhos

Thank you for your reply btummyfan2

My favorite (fo far) small computer is Iconia W511P. There was Win 8 Pro when I bought it. Ufortunately I can't use the guidelines of that page, because bluetooth On/Off is missing: Sieppaa.PNG

• kv80zr
    kv80zr Member Posts: 2 New User

My computer model is the Aspire E1-771-6458, and I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10. The computer says that the bluetooth can't be located or can't connect, but I had it before the upgrade.    

• brummyfan2

Nikomakhos wrote:

Thank you for your reply btummyfan2

My favorite (fo far) small computer is Iconia W511P. There was Win 8 Pro when I bought it. Ufortunately I can't use the guidelines of that page, because bluetooth On/Off is missing: Sieppaa.PNG

Hi,

Go to Network and sharing centre( go to Control panel, Network and Internet and click Network and sharing centre), click Change adapter settings, if you find Bluetooth, right click and disable/enable it, try switching around and see whether it fix the problem, it's better to backup your system on an external hard drive and create a recovery USB drive using Macrium reflect or similar utility, in case if anything goes wrong, you can recover your laptop to a working state.

Capture4.JPGCapture3.JPG

• brummyfan2

kv80zr wrote:

My computer model is the Aspire E1-771-6458, and I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10. The computer says that the bluetooth can't be located or can't connect, but I had it before the upgrade.    

Hi,

Do you see Bluetooth in Device manager? If so, right click and uninstall the driver, reboot and see whether Windows install the driver.

Capture5.JPG

• Nikomakhos

Thanks again

Unfortunately I don't have Bluetooth Network in adapter settings. It seems that the whole Bluetooth has disappeared from my Iconia.

• brummyfan2

Nikomakhos wrote:

Thanks again

Unfortunately I don't have Bluetooth Network in adapter settings. It seems that the whole Bluetooth has disappeared from my Iconia.

Yes, I have just found out that your CPU is not supported for Windows 10 upgrade, so if you want full features of your laptop, I would suggest you to revert back to Windows 8/8.1

• Nikomakhos

Ok

That explains why the Bluetooth don't work. Anyway Win 10 works fine in Iconia and I don't want to use older versions. I guess you can stop this conversation at least for my problem.

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

Acer do not have BlueTooth drivers listed for W10 for your device at all.

But it may be possible to locate drivers for the BT system.

You can see from the screenshot that I opened a command prompt (as administrator) and typed

msinfo32

and then the System information summary opened, I navigated to

Components: Network: Adapter; and then found details of the bluetooth installed.

It is possible that the Hardware is detected, but no installation of drivers etc happens. If yo can achieve locating details of the hardware then maybe a driver exists and can be installed.

If in doubt please ask.

• Nikomakhos

Thank you very much for your patience

There's no bluetooth in Network/ Adapter. There seem to be bluetooth lines in Software Environment/ System Controllers (I'm not sure of the translation) but unfortunately they are stopped. In Services there was also some lines for bluetooth and they were manually started, I changed them to be started automatic. Anyway it didn't help.

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

It is difficult to help, I have scrolled down thru the posts and cannot find where you have given the manufacturer of the BT device.

Is it Qualcomm, Atheros or someone else.

How far do you get with Windows 10 compatibilty mode for older hardware?

It works for many people.  Search for...

/how-to-install-a-hardware-device-driver-using-compatibility-mode?

• Nikomakhos

Many thanks again

Well I think that too much work has been done for this problem. Acer Iconia W511P is one of my favorite computers. Although I can't use it as mobile computer, I can use it anyway everywhere if there is a WiFi network. Because of your good service it's not impossible that my next small mobile computer is Acer.

That W511P was very well designed. It has batteries both in the tablet and in the keyboard, so it can be used a long time. When I loaded it, it first loaded the tablet, then the keyboard. And when I used it, the keyboard battery was used first. I haven't found any computer as clever as W511P.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

It is possible that the 511 which has 3G and GPS has a conflict with resources. Does Device Manager show anything with an (i) warning ? 

My 510 with Win 10 1607 has the Bluetooth running fine with a Microsoft driver from 2006. The P just means Windows Professional.