Dolby Home Theater/Dolby Digital Plus not working

2»

Answers

• Naeemking
    Naeemking Member Posts: 1 New User

I've succesfully installed the windows 8 version of the Audio driver for my laptop ( Acer V5-573) and have DHT working, but whenever I plug my headphones in there is an annoying background crackling noise which stays at the same sound level regardless of the system volume set. Initially I thought it was my headphones but I have tried more than 3 and keep getting the same result. I have tried Windows 8.1 and 10 drivers but DHT does not work with either! any ideas as to how I can get rid of that crackling noise? any help is much appreciated Smiley Happy

• aser_laser
    aser_laser Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey People, I'm from Germany so sorry for my bad English. I had the exact same Problem. DDP (dobly digital plus) always deactivated itself when I started a video or player a song. DHT (dolby home theater) couldn't be installed. I'm running an Acer Aspirce V3-772G.

I really tried everything but for me it seems the Drivers for Windows 10 aren't ready yet and the older drivers aren't better if you're using Windows 10.

When I read that stuff about the "Hey Cortana" function I had to laugh really hard, but then I tried it and now it WORKS!

Thank you very much. Try it yourself, maybe you've got luck and it works for you too. For me it's not that bad that DHT still doesn't work, but now DDP ist working again and that's more than enough to enjoy "Videos" on the Internet.

• 11tarbas
    11tarbas Member Posts: 4 New User

Found the solution!

If you want Dolby Audio to be working all the time without distractions, then you will have to disable Cortana.

I had the same problem on my Aspire U5-710 all in one but after turning Cortana off, I've never had anymore audio problems with Dolby Audio.

Plus I don't even use Cortana anyway so it's pretty much pointless to keep it on.

Hope this solution works for you all! (It's my very first time posting a solution on a forum)

• dennis97519
    dennis97519 Member Posts: 1 New User

But there aren't any audio drivers for Windows 10 for R7-572G :/ 

• v15
    v15 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey i'm from indonesian. Forgive me if there any mistakes on my words.

After i was tired to make my DHT that always turn it off i tried to the solution that trying to get "hey cortana" deactivated .. finally i got my DHT stable .. thank's before ..

by the way my notebook is acer v5-591g
  • damso032
    damso032 Member Posts: 1 New User
    danslb said:

MattSharp ha escrito:

Dolby Digital Plus has miraculously started working, though it looks very different to the last time I used it (it used to be a lot smaller and said Home Theater rather than Digital Plus) but its better than nothing.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Hi,

DDP is not DHT, dolby provides a separate software for each and thats why it does not look the same.

I read on the net that DDP was not as good as DHT, but I don't know...

Anyway I´m on a V5-552G and I have had these problems before with a clean install of 8.1 and again this week with the upgrade to W10. Let me tell you what worked for me but before we begin just let me say that Dolby Home Theater has always given me problems and will sometimes just turn off and other times the icon in the taskbar would go away or just not respond. I´m hoping it's more consistant on W10 though I dont see why it would be.

The only driver that ever worked properly with Dolby was the driver for windows 8 (not 8.1). the new driver on the Acer site for winodws 10 did not work either. So the one I´m using and I´m listening music to with DHT while writing this is: Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.6878_W8x64_A

To get dolby to work:

1. Uninstall the current driver, and any software related to it (the dolby software)

2. restart

3. Install the driver for windows 8 (in my case it never installs dolby automatically, I´ll explain how to do it manually below)

4. Restart twice (yes, I always had to restart twice after the install otherwise manually installing dolby would not work and I got an error when trying to run the install)

5. In the driver folders you downloaded and unzipped go to the folder "PCEE4" and run "DolbyHomeTheater.msi"

6.If you dont get the "Install PCEE" error, restart and you should be able to enjoy dolby (when its not acting up). If you get the error then you may have not followed the instructions properly. Go back to step 1

Good luck guys 

thank you a million times, I know now why sometimes it did work or not. I try and change windows all the time, and I think I downloaded driver for 8.1 many more times, as I almost never got dolby to work. sometimes it would. now on win 10 x64 just follow his guide. find the Windows 8 x64 driver any enjoy :)

and yes, I have V3 571G
  • 33neXus33
    33neXus33 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have same problem V3-572G Windows 10 64bit (17).
    My Dolby Digital Plus automatic switching off sometimes, please help. 

New driver not help :(

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Audio/Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.8273_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=636493566519517496&Step1=ULTRA-THIN&Step2=SWIFT&Step3=SF514-52T&OS=ALL&LC=cs&BC=ACER&SC=EMEA_7
  • 33neXus33

Tinkerer

It is bug of latest Windows?
  • Андрей555
    Андрей555 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

На мой взгляд это ошибка в облегченных установщиках. Полная версия установщика  средство Microsoft Media Creation Tool, должно решить эту проблему.
  • 33neXus33

Tinkerer

No, clean install from ISO/USB
  • 33neXus33

Tinkerer

For me help deactivate realtek microphone 
  • Rasta69
    Rasta69 Member Posts: 1 New User
    danslb said:

MattSharp ha escrito:

Dolby Digital Plus has miraculously started working, though it looks very different to the last time I used it (it used to be a lot smaller and said Home Theater rather than Digital Plus) but its better than nothing.

Screenshot_1jpg

Hi,

DDP is not DHT, dolby provides a separate software for each and thats why it does not look the same.

I read on the net that DDP was not as good as DHT, but I don't know...

Anyway I´m on a V5-552G and I have had these problems before with a clean install of 8.1 and again this week with the upgrade to W10. Let me tell you what worked for me but before we begin just let me say that Dolby Home Theater has always given me problems and will sometimes just turn off and other times the icon in the taskbar would go away or just not respond. I´m hoping it's more consistant on W10 though I dont see why it would be.

The only driver that ever worked properly with Dolby was the driver for windows 8 (not 8.1). the new driver on the Acer site for winodws 10 did not work either. So the one I´m using and I´m listening music to with DHT while writing this is: Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.6878_W8x64_A

To get dolby to work:

1. Uninstall the current driver, and any software related to it (the dolby software)

2. restart

3. Install the driver for windows 8 (in my case it never installs dolby automatically, I´ll explain how to do it manually below)

4. Restart twice (yes, I always had to restart twice after the install otherwise manually installing dolby would not work and I got an error when trying to run the install)

5. In the driver folders you downloaded and unzipped go to the folder "PCEE4" and run "DolbyHomeTheater.msi"

6.If you dont get the "Install PCEE" error, restart and you should be able to enjoy dolby (when its not acting up). If you get the error then you may have not followed the instructions properly. Go back to step 1

Good luck guys 

I've created an account here just to thank this guy. Windows 8 x64 driver works like a charm with DHT. Almost gave up at W10 because of this.

https://i.imgur.com/H1BXHm3.png
  • calebkien
    calebkien Member Posts: 3 New User
    Dolby home theater install successfully but dolby profile editor still not working everytime i start my windows.How to fix it
  • calebkien
    My one is A3-471G win7 64x 
  • calebkien
    My one is A3-471G win7 64x calebkien said:
    Dolby home theater install successfully but dolby profile editor still not working everytime i start my windows.How to fix it