Can't get Aspire V5 to play DVDs

BINO151
BINO151 Member Posts: 2 New User

Can't get Aspire V5 to play DVDs, Device manager says device is working properly. Am using Windows 10.Tried using VLC player but no go. Drive just spins then stops.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi

Have your tried other DVD's in your laptop? Sometimes DVD drives can be a little fussy & not read all disks, especially if they're home-burned ones. Will it play CD's OK, or do they not play either?

VLC player should play DVD's without any problems, so perhaps it may be a laser issue with your laptop's DVD drive.

If you think the player is at fault, then it is relatively inexpensive to buy a replacement - they're also very easy to fit too.

• BINO151
    BINO151 Member Posts: 2 New User

Yes have tried numerous CDs and DVDs in the player. After downloading VLC I get the following message:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your input can't be opened:

VLC is unable to open the MRL 'file:///D:/'. Check the log for details.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So it looks as you say the drive itself could be faulty. Annoying as it worked OK until I upgraded to Window 10.

Cheers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,657 Trailblazer

Any chance you had things apart during the upgrade? It's not too unusual for a cable to be a bit loose and give those syptoms.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.