Acer Switch 10 recovery and Windows 10 Upgrade

mehnihma
mehnihma Member Posts: 1 New User

HI
I am interested will the recovery partition on my Acer Switch 10 be upgraded also to Windows 10 or it will stay wit default Windows 8.1 with Bing?
Also if I use Acer recovery to create factory USB will it be with with Windows 8.1 with Bing or Upgraded Windows 10 Home version?

If it stay with Windows 8.1 with Bing after upgrade can I somehow upgrade that recovery partition to Win 10 or?

Thanks

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

it will remain with windows 8.1 and Bing and nope, you can't upgrade USB media recovery to windows 10.

The only thing you can try to create is a system image (after windows 10 upgrade) to use with a windows 10 installation or recovery disk.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

it will remain with windows 8.1 and Bing and nope, you can't upgrade USB media recovery to windows 10.

The only thing you can try to create is a system image (after windows 10 upgrade) to use with a windows 10 installation or recovery disk.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • What
    What Member Posts: 5 New User

Hello Smiley Happy A few things to know about that may save you work. The onboard Recovery Partition is a hidden partition and yes it can be cleaned out. But that is a job for Superman not the faint of heart lol..Partition Magic will find it and format it but to get Windows 10 to go to it ? Do Backup disks /Recovery Disks befor you go online of your Win 10 and do new ones about evey 6 to 8 months after you do a Full Recovery. A clean install ? Well first flat line your HDD at a shop or at a friends house useing a proper HDD external USB canister/over $100.00. And you will get a clean install . The proceedures are far to long to put here but require you know Command Prompt ...or purchase a new HDD if that fits your bill ? It cannot be done in your machine without a repair disk which few make.

Now if anyone out there has a cure for installing the purchased Acer recovery disks ? And yes I have tried everything under the sun already except buying a new HDD yet again can you please post it big enough for others to enjoy Smiley Happy