Acer Quick Access & other utilities not working with Windows 10 Creators Update.

angomy
angomy Member Posts: 48 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited October 2023 in 2018 Archives

As subject says, Acer Quick Access and its included utilities (Coolboost, Dust Defender, Bluelight Shield, etc) do not respond/start up after installing the latest version of Windows 10 update (Windows Creators Update).  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it (latest version available for my Nitro V15 593g) to no avail.

If anyone has a workaround -- since Windows Creators Update has improvements I'd like to have --- for getting the utility to work, I'd much appreciate it.  Or could tell me how to submit feedback to Acer to actually update their utility to work with latest windows -_-

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Do you mean VN7-593G?

if so, that's pretty strange Quick Access doesn't work; i have older version installed and no issues at all.

your Quick Access version is 2.01.3010?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • angomy
    angomy Member Posts: 48 Die Hard WiFi Icon

When the Creators Update was installed I had the original version of Acer Quick Access installed (out of the box version).  It would not open after the update and neither would any of the individual utilities.  Uninstalling it and installing the latest version from Acer's repository resulted in the same non-response.

Are you sure you are running the Creators Update?  That would be 1607.

Here is someone who is having the same issue as I am: http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/ACER-QUICK-ACCESS-2-01-3007/m-p/461198

Also running Windows 10 1607 update and having the same problem -- he's linked a screenshot of the Event Viewer error that occurs when trying to launch Acer Quick Access.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

yep, 1607 but i don't own your model.

i would contact Acer support service and ask infos or highlight the issue.

the eventID1000 reported by the other user is too generic and i can't help about it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Mahesh1
    Mahesh1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same issue. How can I open Acer Quick  Access?. 
  • Ivory
    Ivory Member Posts: 3 New User
    Me too.  After repairs, Acer Quick Access is gone.  How do I get it back?