Acer One 10 (S1002) Windows 10 Drivers?

aeradore
aeradore Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives

I have an Acer One 10 (S1002) and am unable to find drivers for it. Not just Windows 10 drivers but even on the support site there are no 32-bit Windows 8 drivers either. In fact there is only a single Windows 8 64-bit driver which I find perplexing as it's a 32-bit UEFI.

I did a clean install of Windows 10 wiping the SSD and all paritiions. After installing Windows 10 I have a long list of "unknown devices" in the device manager. I have no sound, the tablet/laptop won't go to sleep, there is no battery icon, ALL of the hardware buttons (power, volume) don't work, cameras don't work, keyboard and touchpad stop working after being detached, etc...

I have contacted support as I have installed Windows 10 on it multiple times however I have gotten no real help from them other than them telling me I need to seach on the internet for drivers and that they are sorry but drivers are not ready from their support site. As suggested I tried using their hardware diagnostic tool to find a list of the hardware in my machine so I could go download drivers from the manufacturers sites however the tool runs but shows I have no hardware. The representative couldn't even give me a list of hardware so I could go around and find drivers for it. I mean come on, are you serious... LOL!

I have 4 Macs, 4 Windows PCs, 6 Windows laptops, 3 Samsung Android tablets and 3 Windows tablets from various companies and have NEVER had an issue getting drivers for any of them or at the very minimum a list of hardware until now. As a first time Acer customer I must say that I am quite displeased with the level of support for my deivce. I get not having Windows 10 drivers as it's brand new but come on...

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

did you know that your S1002 is the little SW10-E (SW3-013) brother?

at the moment only windows 8.1 32bit drivers are available but....they are worth a try:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/5931;-;SW3-013

i would try to install the Intel Platform driver first of all.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • aeradore

I did try the SW3-013 and SW5-012 drivers without much luck. I have tracked down quite a few drivers from manufacturers via the Hardware IDs however there are a few that I can not find anywhere like working GPIO Button drivers.

• aeradore

As a test last night I threw Windows 8.1 Pro on my S1002 to see if I could get drivers installed and working. Windows Update couldn't find drivers for a lot of the hardware so I tried both the SW3-013 and SW5-012 drivers and I had the same result as in Windows 10. The Intel Platform drivers partially worked, the WLAN driver worked, but the screen won't turn off, the audio driver didn't work, there is no Intel HD Graphics driver working, the GPIO Button driver was borked so none of the buttons work, and there was some unknown devices showing.

I tried various drivers from Realtek and the Intel SST Audio drivers as 2 of the unknown devices are showing up as those via the Hardware IDs but no luck. As for the GPIO Button drivers I tried various drivers for S series Acer laptops as well as a Lenovo driver but no luck on those either.

• AAcrazyman
    AAcrazyman Member Posts: 1 New User

I did the same thing and am having the exact problem. Any help from anybody would be much appreciated

• aeradore

I contacted Acer support again yesterday this time just asking for Windows 8.1 drivers. I was first told that Windows 8.1 drivers weren't ready. LOL! I explained that the machine came with Windows 8.1 on it originally and was told again that they weren't ready. Asking how they weren't ready when they were on it when I bought it and I was told that I need to contact Microsoft for all my drivers because Acer doesn't have drivers that are updated. He even gave me the number to Microsoft.

In the end, after explaining my displeasure with the whole support experience, I was assigned a case number and was told to contact a "Senior Technician" today durring business hours. I'll update on how that goes after I contact them.

• lillithorea
    lillithorea Member Posts: 2 New User

OMG I just went through this too. The rep told me that windows 10 drivers werent ready so i asked for windows 8 drivers and was told they didnt have them because they were not updated. The rep told me i had to purchase the erecovery, which is $44.45, if i wanted to reinstall. I refused and was then told i had to call microsoft to get drivers and he gave me the number. I called microsoft and they told me the drivers should be freely available from the manufacturer, Acer.

This is nuts! This is by far the worst customer support i have had from a computer company ever!!!

• aeradore

I just spoke to a Level 2 Senior Tech and was told that the Windows 10 drivers weren't ready however she would message their web team to get the Windows 8.1 drivers posted asap on the site. Now I guess it's just a waiting game. Here's to hopeing they get posted soon!

• lillithorea
    lillithorea Member Posts: 2 New User

I am still not seeing any drivers on the support site for windows 8.1. Is there any update on this?

• aeradore

No update. Just waiting and hopeing their put up this week.

• akhil
    akhil Member Posts: 6 New User

im also facing the same problem like what you had and touch is not working are after update to windows 10. Man Embarassed

now can u suggest exactly how to restore my stock os windows 8.1 that came with the machine.

im very thank full to you

• srle
    srle Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

All drivers were on stored on the Windows partition , under C:\OEM folder. About 300MB of drivers and Acer utils. If you ask me nicely, I might upload them for y'all Smiley Very Happy

Also there was recovery utility that can make backup image of your device original state and place it on the USB drive.

Lesson learned - before you install other OS, you have to have drivers ready.

• akhil

sorry I know I'm like impolite, but you know even my recovery disk is having nothing in it and  it is completely washed off when i did clean install.so I cannot recover stock OS 8.1

please advise me,if I take a recovery from other device which has the same 8.1os can I install that in my laptop? will there be any issue with license.

• srle

Tinkerer

Alright, I'll start with these drivers

GPIO - MEGA

• akhil

thanks for your immediate support Smiley Happy

my main issue is with getting back the OS. how to acheive that, can you please suggest?

• aeradore

@srle, OMG I appreciate any drivers you can hook us up with since Acer has still yet to post them to the support site! Thank you soooo much!!!

• akhil

ok for drivers I can wait for 40-50 days not an issue for me but without the OS what shall I do?

my worry is if I take recovery from other acer device, can I use it to insatll in my laptop, does that works fine?

• srle

Tinkerer

Do you still have the recovery partition? You know, solid state drive has 2 partitions, second one is for recovery of 8.1 system.

• akhil

I've checked in diskmanagment it shows recovery drive is completly free i.e, 6.06gb of 6.06gb is freeIMG-20150807-WA0002.jpgIMG-20150807-WA0001.jpg

• srle

Tinkerer

mine shows that way too, it is probably defaulted to 100% as partition is not mounted (you cannot read its contents so that you don't damage it by mistake)

Recovering from it should be easy, google is your friend there...

Think of it this way, as Windows 10 no longer uses recovery partitions, it did not touch yours.