Finally back into PC gaming thanks to Acer.

cxtkrs1
cxtkrs1 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Purchased an Acer Predator 17 G9-793-741K not long ago to see what gaming laptops were all about. Due to size issues and travel frequency the idea of having a built up desktop at this current time in my life is something I cannot consdier to be practial. I was cautious as it seems all brands have thermal managment issues and passed up a few models due to throttling from excessive heat. Hands on experience with gaming laptops is limited but after weeks of research the Acer is what I went with. Other than some light bleed in the lower left portion of the screen I have had no issues and the GTX1070 has so far handled everything I have thrown at it. If this level of quality stays the same long term I will definitley stick with the brand.

Comments

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hello cxtkrs1 and welcome!

We are very happy to have you here and look forward to any comments or contributions you may be able to add to the community.

We're glad to hear that you are enjoying your new Predator!

Phil-3
    Community Moderator

• cxtkrs1
    cxtkrs1 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

I'm sorry but it is going back. I mentioned in the Predator section that one of the bars on the front side of the monitor by the logo has an issue. At the bottom of the right bar (if I'm facing the screen) has an LED that seems out of place that washes out (unusually bright) the lower portion of the bar. For some reason the top portion is dim compared to the other side to the point that you notice it by the glow it give off against the wall. I have 30 days to return the computer and it is something I do not think I want to live with. For me this is like a buying a sports car and then having to deal with a noticeable paint defect from the factory. I like the Predator but the fact I will have to wipe this unit and put my older Lenovo back into service just seems a great deal of time being wasted. I could handle the vibrations when playing games due to the subwoofers and one of the keys on the keyboards being misaligned but the glaring aspect of the bar is more than I want to deal with.