Acer Wearables Thread - The Liquid Leap+

Cory-Acer
Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

We're creating this thread so that we have a home for our new wearables the Liquid Leap+ that is currently available in Europe and is making it's way through the US, Canada, Mexico and South America.

To get you started we have a couple video's;

Acer Liquid Leap+ Unboxing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLPec8TyG_A

Acer Liquid Leap Setup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgnDZx10K_k

Thanks,
Cory

Answers

• DI77ON
    DI77ON Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, I have a question on the recently released Acer Liquid Leap+ band (https://store.acer.com/en-us/acer-liquid-leap-plus-fitness-watch). All the news has stated that this band will support Windows Phone, along with iOS and Android.

However, on the product's page, it states it is only for iOS and Android. I know there was/is a "Leap Manager Demo" app in the WP phone marketplace, but it did not seem to work.

Will there be future support for a Liquid Leap+ Windows Phone app?  A little disappointing that Windows Phone is not listed.

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

DI77ON,

Thank you for your interest in our new Liquid Leap+. This device will be supported on Windows phone. The application is currently in testing and should be available soon. Unfortunately, I do not have an exact release date at this time. We will update our site to reflect support for Windows phone as soon as it is available.

• DI77ON
    DI77ON Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for your prompt reply Blayn! That is good news. May I ask if it will support call/text notifications on the band? That is a much desired feature from windows phone users, as the only device to currently support it is the Microsoft Band (Fitbit does not support it yet)

• soundeditor88
    soundeditor88 Member Posts: 7 New User

I just purchased two of these becuase of the price, features and size.  One for myself and on for my wife.  I am disappointed to find out that it seems to be un-compatible with an HTC One M9 phone, compatible with the M7 and M8 though.  This is not stated on the site. I found out only when receiving the product and it printed on the packagaing but in small font.  The band will only begin to work once you are connected to the app.  On the M9 phone the application is downloaded and when trying to create the user ID or sign in with an existing account the app crashes.  I was able to verify because I have the old HTC One M7 phone.   However, the phone I use is the M9.

My question is when will support be added for the M9 phone?  Currently the Liquid Leap+ seems to be a bust and I am thinking of returning them but would prefer not to go through that headache.

Another note a wearable/band that is practically identical, the StriiV Fusion, their app (virtually identical) allows to register and does not crash.  It just won't synch up with the band of course because it is an Acer one.

• Blayn-Acer

DI77ON,

Yes, it will provide a notification on the band when you get a call or text.

• Blayn-Acer

From the information I have, it should work with pretty much any kit kat and lollipop android phones. What OS version are you running on your HTC One M9? 

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

• soundeditor88

Yes, I have tried uninstalling and installing multiple times and restarting, powering off etc.

The OS is Android:  5.0.2

Software Number: 1.33.605.15   CL511781

• Blayn-Acer

Thank you for your feedback. I have provided this information to our leap development team. Unfortunately, I don't have any troubleshooting steps for you to try at this time. I suggest checking for updates to the application, as updates will be released when they are available. I am hoping to have some additional information from the development team soon that may help resolve your issue.

• gottabcb
    gottabcb Member Posts: 1 New User

When will you release an Android API so I can build my own apps for it?

• Cory-Acer

gottabcb wrote:

When will you release an Android API so I can build my own apps for it?

There are no plans to release an API at this time.

• soundeditor88
    Blayn,

Any update on the issue with the band/app not working with the HTC One m9. I'd really love to use the full capabilities of the band. One is still sitting in the box unopened, and it's getting close to the time of returning them for a refund and possibly try something else.

Thank you.
  • Cory-Acer

Blayn is out of the office today.

I see that they've identified a bug with Android 5.0.X and the HTC One M9. An update is being worked on and Blayn asked for an ETA however he has not received on.

Hope this helps,
    Cory

• soundeditor88
    Definitely Cory. Appreciate the time and update!
  • soundeditor88

An update appeared Today in the Play store.  It is nice that I am now able to get the Device synched and connected with the HTC One M9.  However, there are still frustrations and I am hoping that they can be resolved.  I feel like we are being the Beta testers at the moment for this product.

So, first thing I have noticed is trying to change the Goals.  You can go in and change them with no problem at all.  The issue is that when trying to adjust the calories burned, it always seems to revert to 5.  It doesn't want to save the value you enter in.  Even when you don't change any settings and go back to the dashboard it changes the calories setting to 5.

This next issue is the one that is really frustrating.  The app keeps crashing and thus disconnecting with the device.  You can open the program again and everything synchs up but having to do this multiple times a day shouldn't be the norm. 

I did try and uninstall, clear app data, and re-install.  Issue still remains.

I really would like this device to work with all of it's intended features.  It is comfortable to wear and the notifications I have gotten so far have been helpful. 

Thanks again for looking into these issues.

• Cory-Acer

Glad you found the update soundeditor. I had not had a chance to come out and communicate it yet.

I'll certainly pass your feedback along to our engineers and see what testing we can find here locally with our device. I appreciate you taking the time to provide this information. Hopefully I can get some quick results.

Cory

• soundeditor88
    Thank you Cory. I hope to hear from you guys soon with a resolution. I've still got one sitting in the box with someone eager to use it. Would just like to make sure it has all the bugs worked out.
  • micore
    micore Member Posts: 2 New User

Is there an update as to when this will be made available?  I purchased the device based on the assumption that it would support Windows Phone out of the box, as stated in the press release, but given that it doesn't my only option at this point will be to return it. 

• soundeditor88

I'd like to report that there is an update to the Acer Leap Manager in the PlayStore today.

First of all I would like to commend the Acer support staff and Development team for the quick turnaround time in this manner.  That is truly appreciated and shows they are backing this product!

Issues Resolved:

Goal Calories value now saves appropriately.

As of writing this the app has not crashed.  (Fingers Crossed)  Every once in a while I understand but before it was just all the time.

I am receiving text message and phone notifications.  As a note for other users though, it appears that you must have the app running in the background for this to work.  I'll see how much of the battery it drains after a full couple days of use but it doesn't appear to be an issue right now.

Another useful tip is for the Alarm function.  You must remember to save the alarm so that it synchs to the device.  You'll know that the alarm is set by the visual Alarm Clock icon on the device. (Appears on home screen with time and date)

Thank you again Acer!

• Blayn-Acer
    Micore,

Sorry, but I do not have an ETA or timeframe on when the Windows App will be available. We are still working on it, and will post it up as soon as it is available.
  • micore
    micore Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the update, though it is quite disappointing, given that the launch annoncement said it is supported, not that it will be supported at some unknown time in the future.