desktop freezes intermittently

ArmyDocDad
ArmyDocDad Member Posts: 3 New User

We have a Veriton X4618G that intermittently freezes with no obvious inciting event.  It used to respond to ctrl-alt-del, but not often requires a hard shutdown.  The started while we were using the installed Windows 7 and has continued with an upgrade to Windows 10.  It happens at differing times and occurs 0 to 4 times a day.  Any thoughts?  THANKS!!

Tom

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

Does your system have upgraded ram or still the ram from factory? If it was upgraded and you still have the factory ram I would maybe try installing the old ram and see if the problem is the same? If you haven't do any Ram changes maybe try to re seat your Ram.. To me it sounds like Ram issue. Also little more info about when it happens may help.. Is there any time you can use your computer and it don't freeze? Or does it do it under all activities? 

James

• ArmyDocDad

Thank you for your reply, James.

We still have the original RAM and I'll try to reseat it.  I am currently trying different configurations to see if I can reproduce the issue or see if I can get it to go without freezing.  I'll get back with you once I've done these.

Thanks again!!

Tom

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Let me know how things turn out.. thought I would also try to reset your bios, once in your bios it should be F9 factory settings. Then F10 to save and exit. That to May help.

James
  • ArmyDocDad

Thanks again for your rapid reply.  It froze again this morning after we turned it on but left it alone for about an hour.  I will check the RAM (after a system backup) and clean it of any dust I can find.  I will wait to fiddle with the BIOS until I give this a chance.  I do have another question, though.  If there is a flash for the BIOS, whould I go ahead and update it?  I know there are some concerns about doing this, so what do you think?

THANKS!!

Tom