Veriton X490G BSOD after RAM upgrade

kamote
kamote Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives

Hi!

So after installing the new 4GB stick of ram, windows kept on restarting every time I boot it. I've tried booting into safe mode and launching start-up repair but it always ending up in BSOD. Please note that I'm only booting with the new ram.

When I put back my 2gb ram everything starts normally and there was no problem. So i'm thinking my culprit is the new 4gb. Here is the specs of the new ram: Kingston 4GB PC3-12800 CL11 240Pin DIMM, Part number: KVR16N11S8/4

I wanted to try changing the memory settings in BIOS but there was none. I'm only seeing the basic options in bios and there was no option to set the memory timings, etc. etc.

I'm wondering why there was no settings for it because in my other motherboard there are options to change the timings of the memory.

I'm also thinking of updating the bios of the motherboard but I can't find any for this acer motherboard. I hope someone could lead me where I can download the latest bios updates.

Thanks.

Answers

• Amante
    Amante Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem with me....i have two 4GB Ram installed.....If i disable memory mapping on bios the server wont boot......if i enable the option the server will boot . the bios show 8GB intalled ram but the usable is only 4GB after i check in the OS....

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Are you using DDR3L memory, or DDR3 without the L? You have to be using the low power memory for it to work, but it should support up to 4GB per slot with the DDR3L 1600MHz.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.