Veriton M2116g shuts down by itelf

RelianceITGuy
RelianceITGuy Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

A third party installed an Acer Veriton M2116g as our voicemail server. It'd powered off by itself, I had to troubleshoot it remotely and had my client take it to Best Buy to have them install a new power supply. Put it back into production and it did the same thing. I finally got my hands on it and am seeing error messages related to Power-Kernal and Googled error message and it's related to the CPU overheating. This chassis is very clean, lots of space, the CPU fan is working fine so it doesn't appear to be obstructed fan on CPU or power supply. The environment it was being used in has fine AC. I put it on my bench this AM and powered it up and 20 mins in it started acting up; shutting down, rebooting to Safe Mode then it can't even get into Windows. Unplugged to let it "cool" down and to boot up later and review the logs to see if it's a Power-Kernal issue or the like. Once it's back up, I'll see if I can use Windows 7 Pro to update the driver on the CPU. My IT lab is pretty chilly so not sure how it can "overheat".

If anyone else or Acer has heard or experienced this and have a resolution, please H E L P !!

Jeff "The IT Guy"

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

have a look at CPU thermal paste or if the heatsink is well seated, even if you are under a good AC enviroment, a bad heatsink or CPU thermal paste can let the CPU overheat.

I'm not an Acer employee.