Veriton 265 - SD card problem

peterniris
peterniris Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

When I insert an SD card into the SD slot on the computer tower I don't get any response. I have tried clicking each of the disc drive icons in My Computer, but this doesn't work and I get a message that Windows Explorer isn't responding. Can anybody suggest a solution please? Do I need a new driver/ SC card reader of some sort?

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

has the card reader ever worked?

are you able to open the PC case and have a look if the card reader cable went loose?

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly

SD card size?

• peterniris

It's an Intergral ultima pro, 16 GB, SDHC 1.

• IronFly

have you tried the SD card on another PC?

what's your OS?

is your desktop Veriton M265?

• peterniris

No I haven't tried it on another PC. The operating system is Microsoft Vista Business. Confirm that the desktop is Veriton M265.

• IronFly

there are no drivers for you card reader, so first of all, please try the SD card on another PC/Laptop

• peterniris

I hadn't thought of trying out the SD card on another computer, so thanks for your practical and useful suggestion. I tried it on my Acer Travelmate 5730 laptop and it worked with no problem, so in fact I've been able to do what I wanted to do by using the laptop. If I was able to use the SD card on my desktop this would be useful, so if you have any hints on how to do this I'd be grateful. However, if it can't be done I can manage by using the laptop. I had wondered whether to buy an adaptor to enable me to connect the SD card to a USB port on my desktop - do you think that this might work?

• IronFly

let's try a few things prior to buy an USB card reader.

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.
    If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

once at Device manager, click on View tab and click on show hidden devices.

check if any yellow exclamation mark is visible, check also if any ENE card reader is visible.

is your Vista x32 or x64 version?

• peterniris

There are no yellow exclamation marks, and I can't see anything listed as ENE card reader. My Vista is the X32 version.

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

has the card reader ever worked?

are you able to open the PC case and have a look if the card reader cable went loose?

• peterniris

I've never had occasion to use the SD card reader until now, so I don't know whether or not it worked at an earlier stage. I don't feel sufficiently competent to open computer tower and examine connections, so I think I'll buy a USB adapter or simply use my laptop to deal with an SD card in future. I'm grateful for your help, which has enabled me to deal with the SD card - otherwise I would have been stuck.

• IronFly

open a PC case is not rocket science, you can do it pretty easily and also find if a cable is loose and where to plug. Smiley Happy