Screen will not wake up on my Variton M4640G

Dandur805
Dandur805 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives

ACER Veriton M4640G goes to sleep, but can not wake it up. I have to stop the computer and turn it off then restart to get anything on the screen. I can hear it doing things on the speaker, but the screen is black

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Power issues can sometimes be resolved with troubleshooting. Other power issues are the result of hardware failure and require repair. Try the troubleshooting suggestions below to see if they resolve your power issues.

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36106#_ga=2.143877308.842537174.1502104784-263337500.1415824428

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Dandur805

Second one is not applicable. The first one did not work. Everything seems to work well, and once it IS awake, it works fine. But when it goes to sleep, it will not come out of the sleep..... Let me rephrase that. When I click with the mouse, etc, I can hear the computer doing its thing by the sounds, trumpet, etc...but nothing shows on the screen. I tried another monitor and it does the same thing. Something in the sleep to awake commands in the computer is not doing what it is supposed to do. 

I have found a bunch of other posts that tell of the same thing with ACER, but NO responses. ACER has got to know what is going on.......

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

I think it is more an OS problem.

and this is the area I would be changing. 

• Dandur805

@doughjohn..... Is that not for a Flip top?  Mine is a PC Desktop.

• Dandur805

@doughjohn.... As I said, mine is a desktop, but I did find the almost identical window you talk about. Nothing I have done including selecting NEVER for shut down/sleep has worked.  I have to shut down the computer completely for just a couple of seconds and push the start button and it works again..... But the next time it goes to sleep, it is a black screen again.

• Dandur805

BTW, nothing shows up on any of my Troubleshooting or health checks.

• Coilman
    Coilman Member Posts: 1 New User
    Did you ever resolve this?  I am having the same issue with Windows 7 and Windows 10