How do I create an Ethernet connection using an ACER DA220HQL?

andy7734
andy7734 Member Posts: 36 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I cannot find where to enter the

IP ADDRESS, SUBNET MASK, DEFAULT GATEWAY & DNS servers info.

It should be in---SETTINGS-WIRELESS & NETWORKS   Some where?  Or where do I enter this info?

Do I need to have the Wi-Fi turned ON, to connect the Ethernet? Or just the Ethernet turned on, withpout the WIRELESS or BLUETOOTH turned ON?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

system settings/wireless & network/ethernet

put switch to ON and then tap on the Ethernet label near the switch, i think this will open the IP settings.

wireless must be off.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

On which device are you trying to enter the details like the IP address, Subnet mask, Default gateway and DNS server information? If you are trying to enter it on your router's settings page, you will need to refer to the router's user manual or contact its manufacturer for more information. Also, you will need to enable Wi-Fi in case you wish to connect to internet using Wi-Fi connection (you can refer to the user manual for the same). You may keep Bluetooth turned Off while setting up the connection.

And if you are trying to enter the above mentioned details on your computer, the following steps can be helpful:
    1. Click "Start" and click "Control Panel".
    2. In the "Search" box, type Adapter.
    3. Then, under "Network and Sharing Center", click "View Network Connections".
    4. Right-click the connection you wish to add the details like address, Subnet mask, Default gateway and DNS server information and then click "Properties". If you have not created a connection already, the following link can be helpful to know how to set up a DSL or cable connection:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/set-up-a-dsl-or-cable-connection
    5. On the Properties window, go to "Networking" tab.
    6. Then, click either "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" or "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)", and then click "Properties" button located below.
    7. Enter the details appropriately and click "Ok".

The following link can be useful:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/change-tcp-ip-settings#1TC=windows-7

• IronFly
    It's an android AIO ......
  • Cooljoe
    Cooljoe Member Posts: 25

Tinkerer

I dont know if this helps. But when I connect the Ethernet to my laptop, the wireless will be turned off. Once you remove the Ethernet, the wireless will automatically come back on.

CoolJoe

• andy7734

I'm trying to input the IP address, Subnet mask, Default gateway & DNS servers info on the Acer DA220HQL.

• andy7734

Nope, did not work.

• andy7734

Can you explain that? I do not understand.(AIO...)

• IronFly

lets keep a single thread Andy, i'm going crazy jumping between threads. Smiley Happy

• andy7734

Sure thing ironfly. This one?