Desktop Freezes!

Swag1155
Swag1155 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

After using the Erecovery on my desktop, my computer now freezes after using it for 30 minutes.  I have to manually shut it down and restart in order to use it for 30 more minutes before it freezes.  I cannot locate my original recovery disk, but have the one from my Acer laptop.  Can I use these or can I create a new set of disk now that I used recovery?  Or will it freeze while trying to create a new set of disk.  I used the recovery that sets it back to "out of the box" recovery.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have pulled my hair out for days!!! Smiley Sad

Best Answer

• Swag1155
    Answer ✓

I was able to create a new "system repair disc" but was not able to create a "recovery disc" before it froze.  I used the system repair disc using the alt f-10.  Seems to be running good.  Has not frozen.  Will try again to do a new set of system recovery disc for the future.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

You can't use the laptop recovery, different hardware.

what OS do you have on the desktop?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Swag1155

windows 7

• Swag1155
    Answer ✓

I was able to create a new "system repair disc" but was not able to create a "recovery disc" before it froze.  I used the system repair disc using the alt f-10.  Seems to be running good.  Has not frozen.  Will try again to do a new set of system recovery disc for the future.