Acer Vertion x2631 does not boot. 2 short beeps and reboot continuously.

pierjean
pierjean Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I own an acer veriton x2631 for 2 years.

lately sometimes could not boot several times in a row, then decided to boot and working fine.

Now it does not boot at all.but continuously tries too... at second reboot it gives me 2 short beeps and try to reboot constantly..I have removed the only memory stick (4gb DDR3) and the Smos battery  unplugged the HDMI ( I used a very large 32 inch screen with a 1080x 2560 but never got the full resolution out of the integrated card.. I diconnected the HDMI cable and reconnected on a smaller screen Also disconnected the power supply and the HDD. I reconnected  everything but the problem remains the same.  Any idea???

I plan to buy a Radeon R7 240 2 GB low profile video card just to be able to see the sceen on normal resolution 1080x2560. I am not doing heavy gaming (to practically none) only real estate...  but I need to make it work first. could it be the Mobo? or the CPU?
how to make sure?

Best Answer

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

The bios editor is AMI so you sould take a look at this webpage. If you can, you should check the memory module with this diagnostic tool (Free edition - Windows - Image for creating a bootable USB drive).

France
  • pierjean
    pierjean Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you. From all websites I checked before concerning the 2 beep, none of them told me the memory was at fault. (one said, itcould  be at fault) so I did try another memory yesterday without difference , so I concluded that was not it... Thus my message this morning

after reading your suggestion I did try another DDR# memory stick  and it worked but  with a smaller 22 inch screen. when plugin the 32 inches instead it did not lit (it was working fine for the past 3 months since I bouth it)

Nevertheless, I changed the cable for a HDMI (monitor side)to DVI (PC side)and it  worked so it seems I had 2 problems I do not know if it was a coincidence or one caused the other to fail  but the result is that it is working now. Thank you!