Acer Veriton x4630G Bios Update

johncp12
johncp12 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Good day. Our office bought an Acer Veriton x4630G with Core i3-4130 Processor about 2 years ago. We plan to upgrade the processor to the newew i3-4170 but the motherboard won't boot. I discovered that the bios was outdated and new one is needed so we can replace it to latest processor. I've downloaded bios from your official website but it won't flash and saying error rom file size does not match existing bios size. 

Is their a chance that we can upgrade the processor of this unit? Thank you in advance. 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

How can i understand which version i need to download?

Desktop versions:
    P01.xx can only be updated using P01.xx versions
    P11.xx can only be updated using P11.xx versions (normally P11.xx version are labeled "*not for upgrades")

P12.xx can only be updated using P12.xx versions

P21.xx can only be updated using P21.xx versions

"L" BIOS versions are Linux OS dedicated (example P01.xxL)

* what does it mean "not for upgrades"?
    During the windows 7 to 8 transition, some PC models had different BIOS versions from factory, related to the installed OS.
    Windows 8 PC got an UEFI BIOS
    Windows 7 PC got a "Legacy" BIOS

So PC with Windows 7 installed from factory can't use the "not for upgrades" BIOS version, even if they were upgraded to Windows 8 or 10, since the factory BIOS was a different version compared to PC with Windows 8 from factory.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • johncp12
    johncp12 Member Posts: 2 New User

My Desktop version is P11-A0L and as what you have said the BIOS compatible has "not for upgrades" label in it. Is this means that i cant upgrade my processor on newer core i3? Or is their still a way to do this. Thanks 

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you have the latest version (or only) available for P11.

about i3 CPU, honestly i don't have any experience on upgrading it, sorry.

I'm not an Acer employee.