ANY ONE CAN SUGGEST COMPATIBLE GRAPHIC CARD ON veriton m4640G?

donqz
donqz Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

please i need help.. any could give a bunch of graphic card that is compatible with veriton m4640G?

Answers

• da1k
    da1k Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Hello,

Did you found any information? I am also looking for external graphic card.

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    What is the wattage of the power supply on this PC?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• da1k

Tinkerer

mine is 65W (19V 3.42A)

• ven98
    with 65W power supply you can't really power up any GPU.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• ven98
    Plus are you sure your power supply is 65W?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• da1k

Tinkerer

I suppose that I will have to change power supply.

65W is written on my power supply.

acer_power_supply.jpg

• da1k

Tinkerer

Hello,

I made some researches and I found some informations about extra graphic card. I will leave it here if anyone will be looking for the same. 

First of all ones need to buy extension box. Acer Customer Support gave me these product numbers 60.VQ5D1.005 and 60.VQ5D1.006. One is top cover, second is bottom cover. I didn't find exact price but similar Acer parts are worth ca. 30 EUR/each. 

Second. Power supply. If you have 65W like mine you have to buy new one. 90W should be enough. Add extra 25 - 30 EUR.

Third. Graphic card. I found specification which says that graphic cars is build on: AMD R5 310 or AMD R7 430 or nVidia GT 705. During my phone call to Acer Customer Support I was told that additionally nVidia GT 710 and nVidia GT 720 was also planned. Unfortunately I didn't receive part numbers. I was also told that any PCI Express, low profile single slot card will work. 

My opinion is: 

I didn't expect that I will spend 50 EUR and my Acer Veriton become graphic workstation suitable to edit 4K videos in real time without any lags ;) I was rather expecting something in the middle up to 100 EUR without too much effort.

I checked and compared few graphics benchmarks over the Internet and I am a bit disappointed. Comparing to Intel HD Graphics 530 an AMD R5 310, nVidia GT 705, 710 and 720 looks like to be much more weaker. The only one more powerful, but no too much,  is AMD R7 430 but it is hard to find one. 

If you wish (and I wish :) ) to have newer chipset read on www.techreport.com tread about it (last link) and choose something suitable for you.  I decided to buy MSI card with GT 1030 and test it. If I will find some time I will post results here.  

IMHO to add external graphic card is probably non effective (at least without "WOW effect" ;) ), required too much effort and it is quite expensive compared to what you can achieve. Graphics chipsets suggested by Acer are old and less powerful than build in Intel HD 530. Newer graphic cards even if they are low profile they usually are not single slot so they will not fit to box... and there are only few choices which costs about 80 - 150 EUR and is not even in the middle of most advance graphic card. You have to buy also extra power supply and extension box which is not easy to get and costs extra 90 EUR.

If anybody will find some suitable good graphic card or will know something what I missed please let me know in this thread. 

Links which I found and used:

For Acer parts prices

For graphic cards performance: Futuremark.comGpuboss.comVideocardbenchmark.netgpu.userbenchmark.com 

Thread about low profile cards