Windows Phone 8 Emulator

mohdzeyad
mohdzeyad Member Posts: 13 New User

Hello there,

I have the Aspire V3 772G-5413 laptop. Windows 8.1 Pro x64 is installed.

The issue is that the Intel Virtualization feature is disabled and the option to enable this feature is missing from the BIOS. 

I need to enable the Virtualization feature to make the Windows Phone 8/8.1 emulators work (It is a system requirment for the emulator) see the following: 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/ff626524(v=vs.105).aspx#windows

Is there any solution to this issue ?

Please Acer give us an updated BIOS with advanced features unlocked

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• mohdzeyad
    Answer ✓

Hello there,

I am using my desktop now for a while, I went back to my laptop and installed the Windows Phone 8.1 emulator and it did work !

The source of my problem because i used the following tools to check if i have the intel virtualization feature enabled (Coreinfo.exe & securable.exe) and both did reported that i did not and the BIOS did not have the option to enable or disable the intel virtualization feature.

It seems a bug in the BIOS after all !

Everything works great fo now.

Thanks God and Thank you all for your help,

Answers

• mohdzeyad

Guys,

What should i do ?

Do you know how to send an email to Acer to explain this problem ?

Because if this problem will not be fixed, I have to sell this laptop and buy another one since i cannot afford having two laptops Smiley Sad

• Laimonas171
    Laimonas171 Member Posts: 3 New User

Click support - in very top menu line

than choose contact acer (last icon) to get contact information Smiley Happy

• mohdzeyad
    Answer ✓

Hello there,

I am using my desktop now for a while, I went back to my laptop and installed the Windows Phone 8.1 emulator and it did work !

The source of my problem because i used the following tools to check if i have the intel virtualization feature enabled (Coreinfo.exe & securable.exe) and both did reported that i did not and the BIOS did not have the option to enable or disable the intel virtualization feature.

It seems a bug in the BIOS after all !

Everything works great fo now.

Thanks God and Thank you all for your help,