V3-572 major touchpad problems

mattdmarshall
mattdmarshall Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi all, I'm at my wit's end here.

I have a brand new Aspire V3-572-78VK running Windows 8.1.

Out of the box, every time I close the lid and the laptop goes into hibernation, the touchpad stops working completely. Looking in the device manager I can see an error next to the "I2C HID Device", the error details are as follows:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

The device failed the SET_POWER command.

I have tried:

• Uninstalling the driver and using Windows Update to reinstall. Problem persists.
  • Downloading and installing all available updates available from both Acer and Microsoft. No help.
  • Performing a system refresh via Acer Recovery Management. I lost all my apps, but the problem still persists.
  • Underwent a full system recovery to restore back to factory settings. The problem still persists.

No matter what I do. The touchpad ALWAYS fails. I'm at my wit's end here. If I can't find a solution here I'll be returning the laptop for a full refund.

Answers

• kenneth10
    kenneth10 Member Posts: 3 New User

ken here. new member. Problem solved. Google acer aspire ES1-512 drivers. Download Intel IO serial driver and install. Your touchpad should work after a reboot. cheers

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, serial numbers, etc.]

• kenneth10
    kenneth10 Member Posts: 3 New User

Forgot to mention you will need to borrow ausb mouse to get to the intel serial io driver you need to get your touchpad working. ok

• mattdmarshall

Thanks for the suggestion, but the ES1-512 drivers will refuse to install on the V3-572.

I tried reinstalling the Serial IO Drivers from the V3-572 download list, and still no joy.

Anyone at Acer able to help???

• mattdmarshall

Meh. I returned the laptop back to the store for a refund. Even Acer phone support were as good as useless finding a solution.

Thanks for trying to help, Ken. And thanks for nothing Acer.