Aspire v5 572p 6454 mSATA SSD

popocho91
popocho91 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Acer Aspire v5 572p 6454 with 2 mini PCIe slots, one with the wlan card and the other empty. My doubt is if i can insert a mini pcie (mSATA) SSD there, so i have a ssd for OS and the 500gb internal HD for files.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• choseonghoon87
    choseonghoon87 Member Posts: 2 New User

I'd also like to know about this, could any1 from Acer or the OP can confirm msata can work?

Thank you in advance.

• choseonghoon87
    choseonghoon87 Member Posts: 2 New User

Dear Op. 

W/O much of info provided from Acer or from Googling. I went ahead and tested w/ plextor m5m 128gb msata ssd.

It works flawlessly w/o any issues. 

according to crystal disk info, my ssd runs in sata 3 mode as well. hope this helps tho I have to mention that my laptop is V5 572G but I'm assuming this is same mobo just without dedicated gfx chipset.

• Relic
    Relic Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey so i installed the same drive you did. It's detected in the Bios but i can;t access it otherwise. What am i doing wrong?

• Jds
    Jds Member Posts: 3 New User
    Anyone get then SSD to work? What type of drive and what steps can be taken to add the 2nd drive and benefit from faster response?
  • Jds
    Jds Member Posts: 3 New User
    We're you able to resolve? If so how?
  • sailpanika
    sailpanika Member Posts: 2 New User

I have just brought a kingston SSD for my Aspire v5-572g and will post results if it works or not.

• sailpanika
    sailpanika Member Posts: 2 New User

What size screw did you use to fix the ssd down? where can i get this screw?

• MrcJkb
    MrcJkb Member Posts: 2 New User

Okay, I just got it to work on a friend's Aspire V5 572p.

But it was a tricky process...

1. Remove HDD (and every other drive except for the mSATA SSD).

2. Make sure Boot is set to UEFI in BIOS.

3. If you create a bootable Windows USB with theWindows 7 USB DVD Download Tool, the Aspire V5 572p won't recognize it as a bootable USB device in UEFI mode. If you change it to legacy mode, it won't be able to create or recognize a partition on the mSATA SSD.

Solution: Download "Rufus" (a portable standalone, no installation necessary).

4. Check the option “Create a bootable disk using: ISO Image“, and click the icon next to it to pick up the ISO image file.

5. Select “GPT partition scheme for UEFI computer“.

6. Select your USB drive to create bootable USB device

7. Click Start.

Install Windows on the mSATA SSD and when it's done, insert the HDD. Make sure the SSD is first in the boot order (BIOS).

If you have data on your HDD, I recommend backing it up to an external drive, then deleting and formatting all volumes on the HDD before using it as a secondary drive.

• MrcJkb
    MrcJkb Member Posts: 2 New User

Most mSATA SSDs come with a set of screws. If not, you can get them in most DIY stores (they are the same size as the ones you find on the bottom of your laptop, in most cases)